Sign in to follow this  

New Pipe Bike Won't Run Right

I had to buy a new pipe after a hard crash that toasted my FMF.

I wanted a pipe that would be quiet (96db or lower) since I know this is coming for all of us sooner or later for those who race in District 37 competition it will be sooner.

I have a JD kit in right now riding between 2800 and 3300 ft elev, Temps from 55 to 72 degrees right now that will be getting hotter as the year goes along

42 pilot

Blue needle 2nd clip

170 Main

F/S 1-1/2

With the quiet baffle in the pipe the bike hesitates on the low end. When you want to snap the throttle to loft the front end over whoops it has a delay.

With the quiet insert out at this setting its running very good. I first had the red needle in at 2nd clip when I first put the pipe on and it ran terrible. After spending 3 hours making changes and fine tuning I still can't geter right.

What do I need to do to get it to run with the restrictive quiet insert in? Do I need to go down on the pilot or adjust the accelerator pump?

The red and blue marked needles should be closer to the middle clip position (#4) to get good response and not bog.

(What bike is this again?)

James

Try the blue marked needle in the 3rd from top clip position, or the red marked needle in the 5th from top clip position and #42PJ.

The #42PJ and 1 1/2 turns out/Blue (or 2 turns w/Red) should be a good setting with #170 MJ.

James