Sign in to follow this  

looking for someone to show me victor falls area

i am looking for someone to show me around the victor falls area. i live in buckley, so it is not to far from my house. we rode this area growing up, but with all the development it has changed. the area used to be known as "The Crater" actually it was an old clay pit (quick history lesson). i drove down there on 2/20 and the tree farm was full of mtn. bikers and the VF school had a sheriff sitting alongside the road. if anyone is interested we can work out details later. :)

I used to ride there in the 80's too, back when there was nothing but trees in the area. I haven't been there in eight years, so I don't know how much it has changed. There are so many other places to ride in the area, guess that's why I don't feel the need to go there. Do you ride Evans Creek? That place has a nice mix of jeep and single track, and top roads are now open to ORV traffic.

I have rode at evans creek when i was a kid. it has been so long ago i remember my dad was on a silver and green tank elsinore. i quit riding for about 12 years(raising kids), so i am just starting to get into it again. a lot has changed. no more Greenwater, no more Cle Elum on and on.

04' xr400

mukuni pump

jardine exhaust

uncorked

I have rode at evans creek when i was a kid. it has been so long ago i remember my dad was on a silver and green tank elsinore. i quit riding for about 12 years(raising kids), so i am just starting to get into it again. a lot has changed. no more Greenwater, no more Cle Elum on and on.

04' xr400

mukuni pump

jardine exhaust

uncorked

No more Greenwater? If you mean free-riding at Greenwater, that's a big no no! I used to explore all the roads and elk trails up there too until everything got closed down. The good thing is, you can park at the Naches Trail trail-head in Greenwater, then head East to where the good stuff is! I used to hate driving more than an hour to get to the trails, now I do it all the time. If you're willing to leave early in the morning, you can spend an entire day at some incredible riding areas in our state.

PS - I really miss the coal piles in Cle Elum...great memories! :)

thanks for responding loynz. as for greenwater i remember just wide open ridin'. throw me a email or message when and where there is a ride. keep in mind i am rusty, ride a xr(they were top of the line when i quit riding), and i feel it the next day(age). thanks a lot!!

if anyone is interested we can work out details later.

Do you get President's Day off? I was looking at going out there tomorrow to do some brushing and to tweak on my new suspension valving. 10 AM at the tree farm?

A so-so map can be found here - scroll down a bit.

possibly fabricator. if i can i will be there by 10:00am at the tree farm. keep in mind i am not a great rider and would not want to hold you down.

p.s. i am usually prompt, so head out if i am not there :)

If you really get back into riding remember what Loynz said. You can spend an entire day in some very nice areas if your willing to drive a couple hours. Over here in Eastern Washington we do a lot of riding all year long and many West siders come over and join in the fun. Your invited too, just watch this Forum for ride notices. We would love to have you along.

:):p:)

Oh yeah, I'm old too that is not just my online handle, it represents me. I often ride a big XR, us old guys like soft seats and plush suspensions. :D

I know the area fairly well. I haven't been there much lately since I ride a 2-stroke now, but I can take my dad's xr out there. Next weekend I'll probably try to head out there. I have to work 1 of my jobs tomorrow or I'd join you guys.

Jeremy

....................... us old guys like soft seats and plush suspensions. :D

:):D What's a "soft seat" ?? :o;) And I think I'm older than you... :):p

:D:) What's a "soft seat" ?? :D:o And I think I'm older than you... :);)

Your right, you are older than me. In fact your so old your knees don't bend anymore. That's why you ride a trials bike. You couldn't bend enought to sit on a seat if you tried. I'm not quite that old yet. Isn't your trials bike named the coffin?

:p

In fact your so old your knees don't bend anymore.
His knees still bend a little, but they make lots of crunch and pop noises when he rides. :)

2PLY CLIMBING

His knees still bend a little, but they make lots of crunch and pop noises when he rides. :)

2PLY CLIMBING

Awsome picture, and your right I do think their is a slight bend in his knees but are you sure that isn't the natural bend to them old old knees :p . I sure wish I could ride like that after my joints set up. :)

His knees still bend a little, but they make lots of crunch and pop noises when he rides. :p

Is that what that noise is?? :D That's a relief! I thought maybe it was bad wheel bearings... Whew! :D

Hey! I've just discovered that I don't need to lower and raise my Moto Jack-Rack to load and unload my bike.. Photos when I can find someone to take the shot.. :o Does that mean I'm still young... or just lazy? :)

And I thought maybe a "Soft Seat" is what happens to old guys that stop riding and sit in front of the TV with beer, chips and a remote. :);)

Hey! I've just discovered that I don't need to lower and raise my Moto Jack-Rack to load and unload my bike.. Photos when I can find someone to take the shot.. :) Does that mean I'm still young... or just lazy? :)

The desire to show off is an indication that your body is not Testosterone free. So you still have a spark of youth hanging on in them old bones. :p

Hey Uncorked, I am just getting back into riding, am a FF, and live out by Black Diamond. Shoot me a message if our interested and maybe we can hook up an ride...midweek works good for me!!

I rode there for the first time last summer. We got a map which is much needed at a bicycle shop somewhere in a nearby town. I think they have them in Renton too. There are a ton of super tight, 1st gear is too fast trails. You want bark buster for this area bcause you WILL bump or hit numerous trees about 3 in around.