Sign in to follow this  

Question 4 U guys!

You may think this is dumb but here goes. I used to be able to ride straight from my garage to the tracks we had. now i moved and i cant. The problem is. My truck is Lifted 10 inches with 35s and i cant load my bike without a hill or someone else its too dang high. So should i make the sacrifice and trade it in. Its a 01 GMC shortbox reg cab. I want to get a ext or crew cab. I cant even fit all my stuff in my truck anyways. I think i need to make the sacrifice. Id rather be riding than looking cool. Anyone else had these issues.

I have a super duty with 8" and 37". I would never give it up because it is a little harder to load my stuff. :)

Do you have room to keep a trailer near the house? The trailer might be better option if you stand the chance of losing money trading-in for a new truck.

How about getting a custom loading ramp made for it?

One of those tri folding quad ramps with an extension and you could ride it up?

Other then that you could look into one of those hitch reciever carriers,

like the moto jack rack or similar.

I have 12 inches of lift and 38 inch swamper's on my Chevy, I got an 8 foot ramp for the bike, and another one for me to walk up along side the bike, it works really well.

Well you guys drive a hard bargain. Would i be able to even use one of those carrier things because my truck is so high like the moto jack rack. Ya i need a custom ramp i saw one the tri folding ramps. Dont get me wrong i love my truck so much but yor right i just need a better method of loading it. Keep em coming fellas

Sorry, folks, but I gotta ask, what is the point of having a 10" lifted truck that you can't get your bike into? :):)

You would need a drop hitch for the carrier, the motojack might not be best.

Maybe one of the other kind that loads with a side ramp & sits in a rail.

Then again, you do sound like your looking for something new to drive

that might be a little more functional and hold more gear & people.

MrShred simple answer. Because the chicks dig it. Other than that there is no point. I still think its best for me to get something along the same price range. that isnt lifted and hold more stuff. Its a step side so the box is even smaller than a short box. I forgot to mention that. Thanks for eevrything cheers.

OK, Hondaboy, I think I get it now. Thats the ONLY answer that makes much sense to me. Some thing in life are indeed worth sacrificing for. :):p:)

Sorry, folks, but I gotta ask, what is the point of having a 10" lifted truck that you can't get your bike into? :D:)

My old man bought a brand new F-250 back in 77' or 78' and put 34's on it with an 8" or 10" lift. He did it because he was in the woods constantly, crossing rivers and busting through mud pits. Now, the guys I see never take their trucks into the woods and they all have 6-10" lifts and big tires, I guess they just do it to make themselves think they are btter than the other guys truck. I dont know, when I get an F-250 Ill probably put a lift on it and bigger tires for the same reason my dad did, but I hunt 50-60 days every season and need it to get around the old logging roads and forest service ones. Keep on ridin'. :):p

Sorry, folks, but I gotta ask, what is the point of having a 10" lifted truck that you can't get your bike into? :):)

1:I can get my bike in the back.

2:Chicks love it

3:Because I can

4:It look's good

5:I am only 29 and I still can get in and out of it

6:Because DMV say's no to lifted truck's

7:When you hit a deer there is no front end damage

8:It is a d1ck exstetion

9:It scare's mom's

10:I can't leve anything alone

What is the saying, "Spending money you don't have to impress people you don't know..." But if the women dig it... I guess.

My truck is a 1992 GMC Suburban.

Yes, my (former) girlfriend made me buy it. (OK, she found me a killer deal and always wanted one.)

I have a trailer for hauling 3 bikes or a bumper rack if it is only me.

The bumper rack is great as I don't have to follow the trailer speed laws.

It's cheaper to get a custom loading rack than a new truck.

(I like the 3rd gear with a camera suggestion. As long as I'm not riding.)

If gas prices keep going up, it might make sense to get a more sensible truck.

Something to think about while resale is high.

I have 12 inches of lift and 38 inch swamper's on my Chevy

I want to see pics of that one.

I'd love to lift my Sierra, but it's a work truck and I fall off the tailgate enough with just the standard height and with my 265R17 pizza cutters all around...at least some of you can still have fun. And yeah, getting a bike in and out of a lifted truck would be a bitch...I think the lowered hitch, with the single carrier would be the most cost effective.

The answer seems so obvious--- get all them hot chicks to load your bike for you. :):)

just build a ramp and leave it in your yard somewhere out of the way, and just leave it there back your truck up to it and take off from there, bcause almost everywhere you go riding there will be a hill or ramp to load/unload like at the track or trail riding. thats what i did, my trucks not as high as yours, its a 3in lift, and 32 in tires, but that worked for me. keep the truck, it sounds sweet. :):):p

You may think this is dumb but here goes. I used to be able to ride straight from my garage to the tracks we had. now i moved and i cant. The problem is. My truck is Lifted 10 inches with 35s and i cant load my bike without a hill or someone else its too dang high. So should i make the sacrifice and trade it in. Its a 01 GMC shortbox reg cab. I want to get a ext or crew cab. I cant even fit all my stuff in my truck anyways. I think i need to make the sacrifice. Id rather be riding than looking cool. Anyone else had these issues.

two things occur to me:

1) 35's and 10 inch lifts aren't "cool." it's a rolling neon sign that says, "i have a small wang"

2) why not lower your truck a few inches and make due with 33s or even - GASP! - 32s?

Ya im going to get a ramp built i think,.heres my plan it will have 2 hinges to fold up. Like some other company i saw. How long should i make it. 10 feet? so thats 120". and have each hinge at 40". that would work well. about 1 foot wide. Now were tlaking. Let me know what u guys think??? oh yes and beer stud jealousy gets you know where. sorry bra

my ramp is 10 ft long and 3 ft wide, it has no hinges (cause i never move it) and its 3.5 ft high which is purrfect for my truck

:) ---good luck