Sign in to follow this  

Is supercross turning into the wwf?

on the contrary, the two outdoor nationals i've attended (washougal 95, 98) i barely knew what was going on from moto to moto. they made very little attempt to clear things up. however, with 2, 20 lap motos i had plenty of time to figure it out.

Actually, outdoors are done on time, not laps.

BTW, How did they need to clear things up? They broadcast on an FM channel so you can keep up with the program.

The format is pretty simple to follow. Qualies, heats, 2 moto format.

Now, indoors, you cannot hear the first word coming out of the announcers mouth during the races. You get to hear Terry Boyd AFTER the race ends, but you cannot understand anything Irv Braun is saying while the racing is going on. Years ago, you could actually hear a little, but the four stroke invasion has now drummed them out.

I moved out of San Diego about 6 months ago so obviously I don't go anymore but I hadn't gone in years because the last race I went to we ended up getting pepper sprayed because of a fight in our area of seats, my friends truck got 2 HUGE dings from what looked to be thrown bottles, oh and the wall of cops with riot gear afterwards wasn't that inviting... Mind you, at this race I was basically the perfect age to enjoy this and even I was appalled!!! I think I was 21 at the time... I'll watch it on TV...

Yeah, SX racing is awesome, but the atmosphere has been tainted by big business. But that's what SX is all about, isn't it?

Besides, everybody knows that MX is the greatest show/sport on Earth! All hail the Nationals! :)

We try and go to the SD supercross every year, and we went last Saturday. I went with my brother in law and his daughter - they are not big motocross fans and this was their first SX. One thing he was impressed with was how polished and smooth the announcers were and how professional the event was.

Our section was pretty much families and there were no problems with anyone out of control. In the walkway, there were quite of few drunks hanging out and getting drunker, but about the same as probably any other event held at "the Q".

I could put up with a few drunks in order to see that last lap of the 250 main!