Sign in to follow this  

Looking For Smaller Tank

Stock is 2.6. You might want the plastic instead of the metal, but

I dont think your going to find smaller then 2.6?

Did you buy it used with a bigger tank?

Maybe someone with a stock plastic will trade you...?

yeah but the 2.6 will not fit the S model, I am not sure why, but that is what they told me

yeah but the 2.6 will not fit the S model, I am not sure why, but that is what they told me

That sucks whats the difference? I think Burned has a 2.6 ims on his S

Yes the 2.6 WILL fit an S, it just takes a small bit of reconfiguring to bolt up. They tell you that because they know not everyone has TT for tech assistance :) and some guy will end up killing himself with some crazy half baked attempt at mounting...so they have to protect themselves...

Do a search here on TT because it has been talked about for the last 4 years now and there is a ton of info and pics. I have one on my 02 S, and from what I can remember, you relocate the horn and use the horn mount for the right front mount point...then you need an E tank bracket for the left side, and the rear can be held down by a rubber strap or zip-ty...I used an E tank rubber strap and modified the hook on one end to work on the S frame. Look at my avitar or the link below for a larger pic... the top photo is my 02 S setup with the stock tank...middle pic is a 3.2 IMS(dry break w/ trail adapter) tank on the same bike...bottom pic is a Yosh Factory Rider aluminum 2.6 (same dimensions as the plastic one) everything else is the same except for the tanks...I thought this might help some of those who are in the decision process...Good luck... :) AndrewDRZSeatTankCompare.jpg

Yes the 2.6 WILL fit an S, it just takes a small bit of reconfiguring to bolt up. They tell you that because they know not everyone has TT for tech assistance :) and some guy will end up killing himself with some crazy half baked attempt at mounting...so they have to protect themselves...

Do a search here on TT because it has been talked about for the last 4 years now and there is a ton of info and pics. I have one on my 02 S, and from what I can remember, you relocate the horn and use the horn mount for the right front mount point...then you need an E tank bracket for the left side, and the rear can be held down by a rubber strap or zip-ty...I used an E tank rubber strap and modified the hook on one end to work on the S frame. Look at my avitar or the link below for a larger pic... the top photo is my 02 S setup with the stock tank...middle pic is a 3.2 IMS(dry break w/ trail adapter) tank on the same bike...bottom pic is a Yosh Factory Rider aluminum 2.6 (same dimensions as the plastic one) everything else is the same except for the tanks...I thought this might help some of those who are in the decision process...Good luck... :) AndrewDRZSeatTankCompare.jpg

Dude where have you been??? How is that head with the ceramic coating??

When I got my dry break tank, it had the vent nipple hole already drilled...I sealed it up with RTV while I was installing the trail adapter. Then I drilled the non vented cap and life's been great ever since...

Rockchucker...

Thanks for asking...I've been working mostly...Bad guys abound...the only interaction I've had with my bike in 4 months is to push it into the garage of my new (new to me) house...I've also been busy moving...it sure felt good to be near enough to tell what color it is again! I tried to start it, but got a whiff of something burning and the connection to, or the CDI was having an electrical issue and I still have not had the time to see if my Yosh CDI is toast or not. Off-season gremlins I guess! I have not installed the ceramic coated head yet due to schedule for one and I'm waiting on my ceramic coated piston to arrive. For once it's not so bad to wait on a part as I'm no where near having time to install/ride it! More to come on the ceramic report once I do get it on though! :) Andrew