Sign in to follow this  

Winter SUX part 2

Well I was loaded to go race at 4AM with rain SLAMMING down on me. I figured Id check the freeway conditions since at my house at 2900 feet the rain was starting to mix with snow. I80 from Alta to Truckee had chain contriols and 5 inches had droped in 4 hours. My gear was SOAKED and I hadnt even started the truck yet! With 4 hours to get to BFE Nevada with gas stops and food stops tossed in, wet gear and wet me..... I said Fugit and went back to bed. I wasnt sure Id make it.

Really.....Winter cant be over soon enough. I need to move to Nevada or Arizona. But my wife said I must go alone :)

So I see blue sky through the rain here. Im going riding at SugarPine. Ill prolly be the only fool there, but IM GOING RIDING :) If I dont drown or float away Ill post some pics of the new ride posing....since no one will be with me to shoot the action pics.

So I went riding. :) I feel better now, although I did cross some DEEEP creeks and was completely soaked through in 2 hours. It started pouring rain on me, but I kept on riding. :) I wont ride in the rain for a while though. It really isnt my thing.

I took a few pics of the new ride. Heres a LINK to my garage. Take a peek.

Sweet lookin ride Zac :) It looks all new and pretty.

I was shocked to see the parking lot at SP snowless. I woulda thought that place was buried.

Dave

I said Fugit and went back to bed. I wasnt sure Id make it.

well, no wonder i didn't see you before the race, lol.

i stayed in reno and had a pretty easy drive out to the race site. the race had some wet sand, no dust, a little mud, a little snow, and lots of whoops. no technical difficulties to speak of. i got pretty hammered by the end. i managed to hit a head-size (i assume) rock trying to pass a lapper and endo'd at 30mph or so about 10 miles before the finish. that was kind of entertaining.

9 out of the top 10 were either over 30 or over 40 experts. i'm thinking of racing a less competitive class next time, like Open or something. :)

now i just have to get caught up on bike maintenance by friday so i can race the national enduro.

Never made it up 3. The 3 foot deep creek crossing were not making my YZ very happy. Loop 4 is snowless, Loop 2 is snowed, loop 1 is snowed down lower, 3 should be passable if you can get accross the creeks (I was soaked and quit doing the creek crossings). Oh BTW the creeks were deeeeeeep. Did I say that already? On loop 4 where it passes the shooting range, the road creek crossing was flowing up over my front fender for a split second. :) That was enough for me and my brand new bike....

Cisco

This will help..... Just look at it for a few hours...Arizona at Christmas :)

woody :)

az00005.jpg

az00080.jpg

Nice new ride ya got there Zac. Shoot anymore vid lately?

Ill drop in sometime this week if your going to be around.

Friday afternoon maybe?

Cisco

This will help..... Just look at it for a few hours...Arizona at Christmas :)

woody :p

az00005.jpg

az00080.jpg

shoot that AZ stuff looks worse then nevada. :)

Okay, so it's not dusty right now. Give it a week.

Still boring though.

shoot that AZ stuff looks worse then nevada. :)

Keep it up MorningRider, you'll have the whole Southwest, outside of CA, after you. :p;):D:o:D:D

Looks nice to me though! :)

Nice new ride ya got there Zac. Shoot anymore vid lately?

Ill drop in sometime this week if your going to be around.

Friday afternoon maybe?

Nope havent had a chance to shoot any more. Ill make sure I have it Friday.

Keep it up MorningRider, you'll have the whole Southwest, outside of CA, after you.

actually we encourage ignorance and foolishness. by only exposing our boring, easy, flat, dusty roads to the elderly cali contingent, we reduce the risk that they'll retire here and start tearing up all the really killer riding on atv's.

Heeehee the desert sucks as bad as cold rainy days... :)

actually we encourage ignorance and foolishness. by only exposing our boring, easy, flat, dusty roads to the elderly cali contingent, we reduce the risk that they'll retire here and start tearing up all the really killer riding on atv's.