Sign in to follow this  

building whoops, please help!!!

Hey guys, i race a yzf250 and i want to be able to practice the whoops very often, and they is a nice space for it behind my house. So my question is what is the best way to build them without a tractor or any power equipment, just with a shovel. I tried once before where it was nice and soft and them watered them and let them dry but then they got crumbly. So should i just use a lot of effort to make them where it is hard or what? thanks

Once you got them made you can just go over them slow so the get packed down. I used my quad to pack them down good. :)

you will never make any real whoops without at least a tractor. i guess technically you can use just a shovel but its gonna take about a month of HARD work. the real way to build them is to get a huge load of dirt and pile it up about three feet off the ground all the way down the strait that you want to have whoops kinda like a short table top. then just dig them out backwards so that you can pack the front that you are going to be hitting with the tractor tires. then you are ready to ride

Do you have a local track?

Go talk with them.

Manny

You could get down to Atlanta or Daytona during the week B4 the race and watch the folks at Dirt Werx do their thing :)