Sign in to follow this  

RMZ450 vibration?

:) Has anyone noticed some vibration in the RMZ450 motor yet? My RMZ450 vibrates way more than I would expect, but I haven't had any problems really. I rode my friends CRF250, and it is so smooth that you don't even notice that it is running, then I get back on my RMZ, and it feels like it is going to blow. I pulled the clutch cover off, and there seems to be excessive play in the clutch hub, but I am not sure what the tolerance is on that bearing? Just wanted to see if other people are having any issues before I decide to take the clutch out and inspect it thoroughly?

Have not noticed a change from my 1st few rides with the vibration. I'll pay close attention. I have nothing to compare to as far as 4 stroke vibration for a bike like this. My other 4's are a quad and a kids bike.

I ran an 03 crf450 last year, started up my new RMZ 450 just to hear it run and idle, noticed it vibrated more than my Honda, haven't ridden it yet to see if it acts that way on the track.

I switched bikes with a friend who rides an 04 CRF 450, & his bike seemed to be slightly rougher than mine. You can't really compare it to a 250 because it has a much smaller piston so it is naturally going to vibrate less.

I just was able to go out and ride mine this past weekend. Nothing strenuous as I was still breaking it in, but I noticed some vibration in the pegs, not the handlebars. However this bike is loads better than the YZF 426 I was riding...

You might just go through and double check all your motor mount bolts. I've had brand new bikes drop bolts in the back of my truck on the way home from the dealership (...really!).

Might just be something simple like that.

~Tex

'05 YZF 250

'04 RMZ 250 (for sale)

The RMZ has a lot more crank shaft mass than the honda crf450 so its likely to vibrate a bit more .its just a slight trade off for smoother power .

Thanks for the input guys! :) I still think that I will take the clutch appart on the next oil change, just to ease my mind. I just want to make sure that if there is a problem, that I can catch it and spread the word before a possible total failure.

I rode the thing for five hours yesterday, and no problems, so it might just be me getting comfortable on the new machine. The bike rocks though, and I am really impressed with the grunt down low. I will post any findings that I get from my inspections.