Sign in to follow this  

question for my wife...

Okay, I got my wife a quad this weekend, and she loved it but she wants to know if there is a special bra for female riders, somthing stronger than a sports bra..

Yeah, it's made by Playtex...it's the "Over-the Shoulder-Kill-Switch-Puller" model available in many chest / cup sizes. Or, perhaps a governor in 36C?

Sorry, I couldn't resist... :)

Man im going to resist temptation on this but you are asking for it on this one. Try posting in off topic. Mike in modesto

perhaps you should beg the moderator to move this to the thumperette forum before this thread goes too far!

restraint guys. (dream on) :)

Tell her to try different types of sports bras. Some are better at keeping the 'girls' in place than others. Fortunate for me I don't have big 'girls' :)

I raced for a year while a full time nursing mother. I got my sports bras a size or two too small. The big kind that almost can double as a top. I wouldn't go for an underwire only because they are bad for you.....but some just don't feel *comfy* without them....so it's a personal choice.

Seriously, though....I just wore mine super tight to keep the twins from getting out of hand while racing.

I don't have that problem now at all. :)

peace,

janette

Sometimes the problem with it all is wearing the WRONG size.

It seems there is a huge percentage of women who wear the bra too big around and too small cups. So the stinking thing rides up in the back and the girls fall out. I used to do that as well.

Take measurements!!! Makes everything more comfy and the girls stay put.

...I wouldn't go for an underwire only because they are bad for you.....but some just don't feel *comfy* without them....so it's a personal choice.

Seriously, though....I just wore mine super tight to keep the twins from getting out of hand while racing.

Super tight can't be good for you either...I think it depends on how much one needs support. I have to have underwire. It actually improves my posture.

But for those who hate the underwire...this one is pretty good too...

http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1600012870&cgrfnbr=1611630392

When those puppies are full.....tight is better then floppin! :):p:D:D But....once the race is over....that tight thang comes off!!!!!!! Like wearing a gut belt....only higher! :o;):D:D:D

I've never been big busted unless I am nursing.....so I'm not sure what just big-uns floppin do while riding. I either have nothin'....or full big-uns. Nothing in between. :)

peace,

janette

Super tight can't be good for you either...I think it depends on how much one needs support. I have to have underwire. It actually improves my posture.

But for those who hate the underwire...this one is pretty good too...

http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1600012870&cgrfnbr=1611630392

ACK! That one did nothing for me!

I'm with you! I prefer one with underwire, but more for support & to reduce the bounce. The Champion one I have I also got at onehanesplace. That place is PERFECT for prices and I have yet to get anything there that's 'off' which is odd for an outlet.

This is the one I have http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1600008747&cgrfnbr=1611630392

xrDan says it's a minimizer but I say it's comfy as hell and it does it's job. :)