Sign in to follow this  

Header Wrap

Here's a pic of my header wrapped:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=1891

The wrap is a beige color but I painted it after it was wrapped.

It definitely makes a difference. The bike seems to have lost just a little bottom end but is pulling better on top. I have a 45 slow jet, needle clip in the 4th slot & a 120 main jet. The 125 jet was a little too fat I think a 122 may be the ticket. The bike is not popping or backfiring in any of the circuits. However, I think it may be on the lean side in the middle circuit, affecting it's ability to wheelie in second. So, I'll move the needle down to the 5th slot & see if that helps it pull better. It's on the edge of being too fat with the pilot screw. So, I can't get any more there.

I think this mod will be great for running enduros where it's flat out fast all the time. For some of the nastier goaty trails this mod so far is a bit of a negative (not much) but that may change with some jetting changes.

:)

im at 300 above s.l. and i have the same setup as you expect i have the 122 main. (accually a 122.5 **1/2**)

yet it still pops, pondering about a 125main.

if you wanna sell ur 125m give me a "ringgy" :)

Is it popping on decel? If so, than it is not your main jet. Reread the stickey for what circuit controlls which opening.

250Thumpher i am truely impressed by how much thought you have sunken into the stickey. I never looked at it again after i first read it. (about 2months ago.)

********TO EVERYONE ELSE, IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY LOOKED AT THE STICKEY AND YET YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, LOOK AGAIN.*******

250Thumpher :):D:):p

Actually, too big of a main jet can cause some popping with a sudden turn off of the throttle. A little different than just having the throttle closed but still popping caused by the main being too fat. I've had it & fixed it by going smaller on the main jet.

Just a jetting update on the header wrap mod.

45 pilot, clip in 5th slot(lowest) on power up needle,120 MJ

Moving the clip down one was the ticket! :) Pulls the front wheel up better in 2nd gear then it did with it in the 4th.

:)

Hey toast, mind telling us ur elevation, average temp, weight, you know........ stuff like that?????

elevation: 200-2500ft

temperature: 50-60 deg

This bike is super light! :p:) Weighs less than I do with gear on. :)

Does that help you?

You are going the wrong way,Brother. !st drop the clip to raise the needle to clean it up &/or start dropping down on the main jet size.

brother? also, who might you be speaking to? Me, Toast? 250Thumper???