Sign in to follow this  

ATK's are here too?

This is my first time on ThumperTalk. I'm glad to see that some of the people who post regularily on the ATK forum are here too.

Hopefully this forum is another good source of information for old Rotax-powered ATK's.

Howdy, what is the vintage/model of your ATK? I have a 1991 604 kicker. It's a great dirtbike (now street legal with custom dualsport kit I put on). I have some info & the shop (rotax) manuals for the 250/350, 400s & 604s. I am putting my ATK604D up for sale.

DB

541 963-9537 (NE Oregon)

Lotsofbikes,

My ATK 605 esDS likes the Walker River, but not the short, narrow sand washes there!!!

This year we are going to try the area just south of the Walker River area.

Norm:

I ride a 95 ATK 250 LQ in the woods of KY with my brothers. My younger brother sold me my bike for $1300- what a steal! Great low end grunt for a 2-stroke, but enough to scare me :) when I open it up.

Have fun riding,

Marc in Indianapolis :)

I don't see any ATK's around here. Maybe cuz it's IMPOSSIBLE to get it street legal, and there's no place to ride off road. I'm still in the midst of trying to get my 605 DTM/DP registered. After almost 4 months of ownership :)

Soon it's gonna be a candidate for a cliff dive. :)

ATKsm, I've seen your posts on ATK's web site, and saw that Frank did not answer them. You should try posting again on the "Ask ATK" board. Ask Frank for help - he seems to have tried his best to help in other cases like yours. My 96 605DS went through New Jersey DMV with absolutely no problems. I was pleasantly surprised.

guess i have the oldest one on tt. 1985 atk 560. still in pretty good shape. lou

I also have an older one '85-87 along with a few newer ones. My favorite bike of all is the old one- the double downtube frames handle way better in the tight stuff than the single downtube models.

Glad to see another person that still rides an older one.

Brian

hi brian, how are the newer frame models in open desert fire road compared to dual down tube frame models? are they better? thanks, Mike

guess i have the oldest one on tt. 1985 atk 560. still in pretty good shape. lou

any ideas on info for a 1987 ATK with the Xr600 engine option- specifically exhaust and air box

I have 3 ATK's now. The pics of the thumpers are when I first got them home a few weeks ago. The ATK/XR is now cleaned up a ton and runs great! I'm going to start working on cleaning up the 560 now. I rode it for the first time today and that Rotax seriously rips! I can't believe how much grunt that motor has :thumbsup:

22065_100340116666414_1000007127746.jpg

atk1.jpg

atk2.jpg

any ideas on info for a 1987 ATK with the Xr600 engine option- specifically exhaust and air box

What would you like to know about it?

How 'bout some pics? I love my '97 605, but REALLY like the older ones.

That '94 you have S3 shure is purdy!

Jardine made the exhaust header for those. The silencer could be any universal, such as a Supertrapp with a 2 inch inlet. good luck on the airbox (it is very rare), use a uni 2 stage pod to ride it until you can find one. Try American Dirt Bike for ideas on the air box.

ATK's! In the house!

Hey Rot Box I can't believe my eyes; is that a VHS tape in the first picture? A museum piece!

Nice bikes guys...I'm working on my 01 490.....

How 'bout some pics? I love my '97 605, but REALLY like the older ones.

That '94 you have S3 shure is purdy!

Thanks, I posted that a long time ago! here is a more recent pic (changed my screen name too)

DSC01370.jpg

Hey Rot Box I can't believe my eyes; is that a VHS tape in the first picture? A museum piece!

LOL!!! :lol: Yup! The best part is it's RAD the BMX movie! That's the best movie in the whole world :thumbsup: