Sign in to follow this  

So. Cal area Sunday 2-27

Anybody going to be out riding on Sunday the 27th.

I have to go to Ontario California for a work seminar on Saturday and I'm looking to ride somewhere on Sunday on my way back to Phoenix, Arizona.

I'll be staying at my brothers house in Temecula.

I would be open for Ocotillo Wells, Palm Springs, or any other area as long as it is not west of Temecula. I'll need to head back to Phoenix at the end of the day.

Eric

I'll be at Ocotillo Wells that weekend, leaving Sunday 1-2 pm-ish tho. Show about 9 am and we will be going on a good ride, 2 hrs or so. I'll be on Hwy 78, go past the dirt airstrip and restaurant another 5 miles or so and you will see a line of trees crossing the road with a bridge over the wash. Past that line of trees is the "Blu-In" gas stn and restaurant. We will be to the North West of the line of trees, where they end about 200 yards west on a flat area that is visible from 78. You will see a dark blue Aerostar van and other vehicles to the left as you approach the trees and bridge before the Blu-In. Follow tire tracks over the berm on its west end as it is lower and if you keep left you will avoid mx tracks. Should be a non rainy weekend but i expect water in the washes and plenty of mud and fun. :)

I'll be heading to Ocotillo from Temecula this weekend. Knock on wood!! Ocotillo has been the plan for 3 weekends in a row(damn rain). But as long as Thurs-Fri are dry, i'll be doing the Ocotillo thing over the weekend.

So AZ rider,we will be there as of Fri noon. A brown old chevy van will also be there along with the usual white pick up trucks. We should be the only vehicles in that area. Dont be bashful, no one bites, most of us are in our 40"s, been there, done what not. Supposed to be lots of sharp edges and wash outs, mud etc. We should have a good loop worked out by then per the conditions. I can hardly wait to get in a ride, been since new years....

Oh yeah, come sat night if you want. We cook up plenty, in fact people show up just to eat and drink a beer or two. Sometimes i dont even know who they are!

Oh yeah, come sat night if you want. We cook up plenty, in fact people show up just to eat and drink a beer or two. Sometimes i dont even know who they are!

Sounds great. I'm going to spend Saturday night at my brothers house in Temecula. I haven't seen him in about a year.

I'll see you guys Sunday morning bright & early. :)

How long does it take to get there from Temecula? :)

probably an hour to hour and a half max. Look at a map, from Temecula you would take 79 i think it is, at the bottom of the hill at the south end of the valley. Take that to Warner Springs area i believe, stay on that until you see S2, then left. If you see Lake Henshaw, you missed the turn as it is after a rise in the road then it flattens out to a large valley. Stay on S2 until it comes to an end, go left even tho the sign says "desert parks right" . You will now be on 78, stay on that thru 30 mph twistys and down into the desert. Heads up on a few corners, they fool you into thinking it's all flat from there and tend to snag the odd rv/ trailer. Once the road straightens out and you are definatly in the flat desert you will pass the turn off to Borrego, dont take that. Make no turn off's and continue, you will see an rv campground on the right (desert ironwoods park) and ranger stn stuff then on the left. You have now entered ORV Park, after that will be some activity, a dirt airstrip on the left, a restaurant and other bldgs on the right. Watch for riders crossing the paved road, going too fast is not worth it plus cops will be around here and there. 5 miles past those bldgs is another bldg/gas stn, there wont be any other bldgs actually on 78 until 78 comes to a tee at 86 (?). we will be able to be seen 200 yds short of that gas stn and the row of trees that run north/south next to the stn. Make sure you are to the west of the trees/bridge and look north, voila, there we are! My name is Steve, only surfers call me labouie, dang them Cubans... I'm loading up tonight :)