Sign in to follow this  

new found respect

well... today i was riding with a friend for about 3 hours on my ttr125le while he was on a yz125. after a while i asked if i could ride his bike around for a little bit.. i had ridden it up and down his drive way a few times which is about 3/4 of a mile long. but never taken it on trails. i rode it on trails for about 20 mins, and noticed the suspension is sooo much smoother.. small stuff like roots, and stumps, that i had to worry about on my ttr i just flowed through on his bike. second i noticed it had quite a bit more power :). Im used to just wacking the throttle wide open on my bike, and the rpms will build up slowly. well with his bike, i couldn't get used to controling the throttle. i had got going pretty good there for a while and i came up to 2 small jumps that he had build on his trail. 1 of them is only about 2 feet tall, but it drops off a lot on the other side.. the next one after that, sort of just shoots you up in the air.. well after i felt how good the first jump felt, i decided i would hit the second jump really movin.. so i came up to the jump and raaaaappp. as soon as i cracked the throttle i fliped over backward.. i flew about 20 feet, and was about 8-10 feet in the air.. it felt like i was 40 though.. i think that was the highest i had ever been off the ground on a dirt bike. i did like a 1/2 back flip and the bike landed on top of me. i was for sure i was going to break my legs on the landing, because i hit the ground first, and then the bike landed on me :) .. i only have to get him a new back fender, but it could have really gotten expensive fast.. i am still planning on getting a 250f in 2-3 months. i guess ill have to get used to that power difference for the first few days :p

Whew, good thing you didn't get hurt! Those 2-strokes really keep you on your toes. Don't worry, the 250f won't have that kind of sudden hit like the 125 does (well, if you're even worried) :) So, did ya' go back for more? :)

well... today i was riding with a friend for about 3 hours on my ttr125le while he was on a yz125. after a while i asked if i could ride his bike around for a little bit.. i had ridden it up and down his drive way a few times which is about 3/4 of a mile long. but never taken it on trails. i rode it on trails for about 20 mins, and noticed the suspension is sooo much smoother.. small stuff like roots, and stumps, that i had to worry about on my ttr i just flowed through on his bike. second i noticed it had quite a bit more power :D. Im used to just wacking the throttle wide open on my bike, and the rpms will build up slowly. well with his bike, i couldn't get used to controling the throttle. i had got going pretty good there for a while and i came up to 2 small jumps that he had build on his trail. 1 of them is only about 2 feet tall, but it drops off a lot on the other side.. the next one after that, sort of just shoots you up in the air.. well after i felt how good the first jump felt, i decided i would hit the second jump really movin.. so i came up to the jump and raaaaappp. as soon as i cracked the throttle i fliped over backward.. i flew about 20 feet, and was about 8-10 feet in the air.. it felt like i was 40 though.. i think that was the highest i had ever been off the ground on a dirt bike. i did like a 1/2 back flip and the bike landed on top of me. i was for sure i was going to break my legs on the landing, because i hit the ground first, and then the bike landed on me :p .. i only have to get him a new back fender, but it could have really gotten expensive fast.. i am still planning on getting a 250f in 2-3 months. i guess ill have to get used to that power difference for the first few days :D

I know how ya feel bud, Ive done pretty much the same kind of thing. I was on my brother-in-law's RM250, and I'd never tried to pull wheelies before so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was on the street in front of my house, with my girlfriend setting inside with my mom and sister, and I cracked a few successful wheelies. I was feeling confident, so I built up some speed and did a wheelie, but I held it for to long and went flying off of the back. His bike didn't get hurt, but my arm got tore to hell, hahaha. Thankfully, the curtains were closed on the kitchen windows, so my girlfriend never saw what happened. They heard it and asked what was going on, we just said nothing and acted like they were crazy. Keep on ridin'. :):)

lol.. no i didn't go back for more really.. i looked for him to find my bike to get it back :) i was being stupid so i tried to just stuff the fender back under the seat and all, and at first it didn't look that bad.. but first bump i hit, it floped down and dragged against the tire. im really glad i didn't get hurt though, because tomarrow is the first day of baseball tryouts, and i would have been in some trouble. its really weird how slow motion everything go though.. my bike felt like it was running on like 10 octane, after riding his bike. i really did think something was wrong with it on the ride home, because it was soo much more weak.

that same sort of wheelie thing almost happened to me also.. right when i got on, i was crusing along in 3rd gear and cracked the throttle and did like a 12:00 wheelie, and brought it back down with the brake.. scared me a lot but i kept on going. bad decesion :)