Sign in to follow this  

honda suspension is better

honda crf 450 2003

i sold my 2003 250 exc 2st, and got back on a honda. i did a fun run in ga today in the rain, it was nasty, the crf 450 did me proud. i can`t see myself

ever going back. the ktm was a nice bike , but the honda suits me better

i can not believe the difference the link sus in the rear makes. the bike feels

so much lighter in the mud than the ktm. im looking forward to a sunny dry day. this bike gets a 10+ :)

I bet your responses will be more enertaining if you post this in the KTM forum.

Welcome to TT by the way. :)

Not at all more entertaining. We're simply going to ask, "did you set it up properly?" The linkless rear end does have a diferent feel - and unless you are willing to understand it won't feel like a Japanese bike, you're going to be fine.

No "don't let the door hit you on the way out" words from us KTM guys like we see over here all the time.

The ONLY other thing - is that 250 EXC bike was not a MX varient - it WILL feel more sluggish and heavier. It's gearing, ignition, and suspension are set for enduro racing, not light, quick, flicky riding like the CRF. Yes, it's a 2 stroke, but it's a different animal altogether! :)

you need to really break it in this weekend at gatorback (gainesville fl) for the FTR hare and scramble race. i belive we will ride 3/4 of the mx track before heading off into the woods

john

03 crf450