Sign in to follow this  

New yz250f... still have the crf230... new topic? i think not:)

*** There is no point to this post other than a rider commenting on his newfound obsession with the sport****

Hello all,

Been lurking around the forums for a couple of months. In December, I bought a 2005 CRF230 from my neighbor, who had maybe 10 hrs on it. He said he needed a bit more bike and bought a 250F. Having wanted a dirt bike since the days of my 70cc honda three wheeler, I, with a little help from Capt Morgan ( that SOB ), purchased the 230 from him. Sure as heck, I find myself in the Yammie dealership a month later buying a 250f, the same damn bike he got after selling me the 230... Despite racing mtn bikes in my teens, this yz still scares the hell out of me, but i love it. Just glad to have entered this sport when i did, and damn this bike is fast:)

Thx all,

Brad

Heres a thought for ya, do all the crazy practice stuff on the Honda. When you get good at it then try it on the Yamaha. It will not hurt the pocket and youre ego as much if you trash the 230 doing stupid things. I myself used to practice and try a lot of things on my quad first, then I tried it on the R6 streetbike.

Well either way enjoy the bikes and the sport, just look out for the trees and your old friends on the mountain bikes. :)

I must say.. participating is much more fun than reading. I'm going to keep the 230 as a 2nd bike so that friends can ride with me. I have many that used to ride but don't have a bike anymore. The honda is certainly a more tame trail bike, but I actually find myself ( as do those that follow on the trail ) riding much better on the 250.

i went from a ttr125l to a yz250f.... i find it easier to learn on the yz so i dont even try stuff on the ttr, i jus do it on the yz