Sign in to follow this  

Supermotard tires for the CRF150F.

Im looking for some supermoto tires for my 150. I dont want to change rim so does anyone know where i can get a 19inch front and a 16 inch rear tire. I know they make them but i dont know who. Also what size do i need. Theres alot of people aroind here that do supermotard and im getting the interest in doing it with my 150 when i get a 250. One of the guys here races a 2003 CRF450R that is all modded out and wants me to do it to mine and travel with him. Thanx.

What they use on the Red Rider Jr. SuperMoto Challenge Bikes are:

Dunlop GT501F 100/90-19 tire front

Dunlop GT501F 110/90-16 tire rear

The 16 incher on the rear is a FRONT tire that is mounted in the correct direction.

The GT501s on my bike (former Challenge bike) have a few extra grooves cut in the tread for doing some dirt tracking, but the tires in stock form last longer and have good enough tread for the dirt sections on most SM tracks.

The 150 will teach you a bunch riding SuperMoto, slow bikes make you fast...

:)

Hey, i was woundering what is the reason on why they use a Front tire on the rear rim. Is there any specific reason or no. My dad has found some tires that are alittle wider but they are Rear tires and wants to know why they use a front on the rear. I think i know what it is but we are not sure. We are thinking that the rear tire is wider and since the 150 has small rims you have to use a front tire. If you can tell me the reason that would help alot. Thanx.

The reason why they use a front tire on the rear rim is that is the only tire in that rubber compound that will fit on that tiny rear rim. The Dunlop GT501 is a street tire, and there is nothing out there with a rear rim that small.

The 110/90-16 size is about the same size as the front tire on my old '87 EX500 Ninja, and that bike got 17" rims in '93. The 16" rim was in fashon for street bikes in the '80s and now most street bikes run 17" rims.

Hope that helps.

I have a set of 17'' rims and tires for sale for the crf. The change in handling is incredible. See them in the classifieds.

I talked to a dude from Buchanans. He told me the best rim set up for the CRF150 was a 3.5 front and a 4.25 rear. Does anyone have this set up?

Rims, laced and true for close to 775 (not including hubs).

I would definetly call Buchanan's back and re ask that question, I have a set of Buchanan laced 17's on my 150 motard and they are a 2.5" front and a 3.5" rear. A 3.5" will fit the front (overkill, plus too much rubber up front for the little 150) and I doubt that a 4.25 will fit the rear, again (overkill on the rear), are you sure that they might not have misunderstood you because the sizes you say they stated for the 150 are for 450 motards.

I will check again, thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. 800 for rims kinda started to discourage me about this project. 2.5 and 3.5 sound good to me. what size and type of tires are you running? Thanks again.

I prefer Michelin Pilots 90/58x17 front and a 120/60x17 rear, unfortunatly, michelin no longer brings these tires into the states, Bridgestone and Dunlop's are the only vendors for 125gp tires, soooooooooo, I now run BS 90/58x17 front ( a taller tire so the chassis geometry needs to be addressed) and a 120/60x17 rear. Have tested BS's and they will work. (don't care for the "D" brand)

I was gonna order em from Ronayers. I dont see the 90/58/17 in Bridgestone BT014. What do you think of a BTO14 110/70/17 front and BTO14 120/60/17 rear? Will that combo work? I really appreciate your help dude! :)

The BS's I use are race slicks and can only be purchased thru an authorized BS's race tire distributor, here in CA, buy them from Calif. Race Services about 260 a set. as for the BT014's pretty much as close as your going to get in sizes