Sign in to follow this  

Capital Forest Poker Run?

I'm about to get my cast off, and I want to go riding on a Poker Run. I heard that Capital Forest is opening up in April and there is going to be a poker run the first weekend that month? Has anybody heard anything? Is there a website for registration and everything?

Thanks,

Brock Garrett

the spring fling will be held the first weekend in april. Keep checking back as it gets closer there will be more info posted. The d100 will also be going that weekend as well as an event at Tahuya.

I'm about to get my cast off, and I want to go riding on a Poker Run. I heard that Capital Forest is opening up in April and there is going to be a poker run the first weekend that month? Has anybody heard anything? Is there a website for registration and everything?

Thanks,

Brock Garrett

Yes, its called the Spring Fling and it is the first weekend in April (2nd and 3rd). But be warned, its usually wet this time and the clay is like grease in there. Usually a short and long course. (Sunday is short course only) Its put on by the WAATVA (Washington all terrain vehicle association) and they do have a website. You can also find it in the http://www.nmaoffroad.org site or look at the "events calendar" and you can click on the flyer for the rest of the info. First rider out is usually 9, they have a kids course too and camping at the Middle Waddel Creek ORV campsite by the DNR, but its usually filled to the eyeballs friday night!, and cost about $20. The turnout is usually pretty good as its one of the first rides after all the trails open, but it will be the same weekend of the Odessa Desert 100 (they moved Odessa back to avoid dust) so you may not have too large of a crowd. I've done this ride every year since I got back into riding (took about 23 years off) and this year I will miss it because of Odessa. But it is a fun ride, WAATVA are a bunch of nice folks too! I beleive they even do a breaksfast and when your done, hot dogs.

Thanks for the quick information! Does anybody have any more information about the Tahuya one around the same time? I figure that one will be better riding because of the lack of clay, but a ride is a ride I guess.

brk i believe the run at tahuya is the "wet duck" put on by the tacoma mc. it is usually held in april. check the nma's site or the tacoma mc's site. keep in mind this event may have a limited # of rider allowed.

The event at Tahuya is the Sparkplug Enduro on Sunday, April 3. It's not a poker run. Don't come unless you want to race. There will be about 200 riders there and too many squids who try to do the event. The club pulls out the nasty trails for this event. Ones you never thought existed.