Sign in to follow this  

New XR70

Looks new! The kids will love it! Other than checking the valves, oil, chain tension, these bikes are maintenance free. We really loved having ours around for 2 years. Just sold it and bought an XR80 instead of hoping it up, since you don't get good resale on hop-up items.

That damn BrandonW got yours :)

This was only 5 miles from my house, ridden 4 times by a girl and I paid $1100 cash. I'd called Laramie Cycles and they had an 04' that was new for $1500 out the door plus an hour of drive time for me so I'm pretty happy that I saved $400. The only mark on the whole bike is a scratched front fender.

My guys are a little small for it right now so I'll be putting around on it chasing them on their 50's which is why I wouldn't mind a little more hp.

Yep, Brandon was pretty quick on the draw when I posted the XR70. I'll be taking that up to Boulder soon for a hand off to a friend going to UT.

You made a good purchase. The 70's hold their value and last forever. I wouldn't have sold ours if I hadn't needed the room in the garage. Don't forget to give us a shout sometime if you want to take the kids to TX Creek of PMI, or...?

Any engine mod for the 50 will work on the 70 (same engine). The only difference is the heavy duty clutch kit which you'll probably want if you're going to be riding it. With the HD clutch kit for a 50, you'll need a primary driven gear from a 50. Other than that, there's tons of stuff available for the 70, here's mine with modification notes:

http://68.250.121.19/ebeyer/xr70-left-notes.jpg

By the way, your bike looks BRAND NEW!!! :):):p

Bluestragler, are you taking it to Dodger? Brandonw said he is meeting him in Moab sometime in March. I told him I'd be out there with the TT guys the week after Easter so I'm hoping he goes then. :)

Dingus, thanks for the link. Is the BBR skidplate on there the same as what's on the 50? I put one on my boys XR50 to attach trainging wheels initially and want one on the XR70 since the engine is also exposed.

I'll be riding around on it for a while with my youngest just chasing the 2 older boys. :p

I think I got pretty lucky with it and it is literally brand new. It will not look this way by the time I'm done with it after going through 3 boys :)