Am I a poser??

I have read many posts about posers or referance to them.. Here's the question just because I have an alpinestars hat, fox shirt and a small fox sticker on my van does this make me a poser? You guys are always talking about how all the fools at the races have FMF stuff or thor hats or whatever.. I like supporting some of my sport and letting people know what my hobby is so I wear the clothes that goes with my lifestyle.. Some of you people are the bitchiest judgemental people I have ever read.. ?

• Haha 1

I have read many posts about posers or referance to them.. Here's the question just because I have an alpinestars hat, fox shirt and a small fox sticker on my van does this make me a poser? You guys are always talking about how all the fools at the races have FMF stuff or thor hats or whatever.. I like supporting some of my sport and letting people know what my hobby is so I wear the clothes that goes with my lifestyle.. Some of you people are the bitchiest judgemental people I have ever read.. ?

there's shades of poseur-ism (the word is poseur, BTW)

1) if you wear dirtbike apparel on a regular basis, but do not ride, you're a poseur

2) if you ride a couple times a year, but wear lots of MX-related gear, your a poseur, but not as much as poseur #1

3) if you ride a bunch, and have some stickers and some clothes, not a poseur

4) if your vehicle is covered in stickers, and 3 out of 4 tee-shirts say fox or thor or MSR etc, you're a poseur regardless of how much you ride

5) seems to me that the guys who ride the most care the least that others know they ride

If you suck at riding no matter how hard you try or how much you ride, but you still wear all the gear and hats and have all the stickers and promo garbage and flaunt it, you ARE a poser. If you have a few things; say a hat and a shirt- you arent a poser even if you dont ride. A poser is just a loser to the sport that has all the merchandising crap. Its someone who would love to be good at the sport, but all they can do is wear the corporate garbage and look like a pro when they naturally suck at the sport or dont have the balls to get involved. Atleast thats what the word meant to me when i was skating vert back in the 80's so i apply the same word to mx. I do know a few posers on bikes though: one dude videotapes he and his buddies pitriding and jumping when he cant even get the bike 12 inches off the ground and they get this sad attempt at riding all on tape. He wears all the fox gear and even has a custom vinyl 6 foot by 6 foot sticker for the side of his rig. He really sucks at riding- its such a joke and he is a true poser.

• Haha 1

hmm the way i see it, if ure wearing mullisha, theres no way around poseurism. if u wear for the sake of the sport to support it and u ride, ure not a poser no matter how bad u are, to some extent. i used to wear some fox, but dont anymore (for the "sake") because a) way too corporate to be considered, well ya. and b)it dont fit

EDIT- i take that back, if u wear mullisha and cant name 3 "members"...

hell this could turn into a u might be a redneck it type thing. or no i uno

If you suck at riding no matter how hard you try or how much you ride, but you still wear all the gear and hats and have all the stickers and promo garbage and flaunt it, you ARE a poser. If you have a few things; say a hat and a shirt- you arent a poser even if you dont ride. A poser is just a loser to the sport that has all the merchandising crap. Its someone who would love to be good at the sport, but all they can do is wear the corporate garbage and look like a pro when they naturally suck at the sport or dont have the balls to get involved. Atleast thats what the word meant to me when i was skating vert back in the 80's so i apply the same word to mx. I do know a few posers on bikes though: one dude videotapes he and his buddies pitriding and jumping when he cant even get the bike 12 inches off the ground and they get this sad attempt at riding all on tape. He wears all the fox gear and even has a custom vinyl 6 foot by 6 foot sticker for the side of his rig. He really sucks at riding- its such a joke and he is a true poser.

Wrongamundo.................. If he rides a dirt bike, REGARDLESS of how good or bad he rides it, he is NOT a poser.

• Like 2

Posers are someone trying to portray an image of something they are not (usually for the sake of some percieved "coolness" factor as was mentioned above). I roadrace and there is a ready market for my worn out race tires, knee pucks and boots with the toes worn off so that the squids can wear them around to try and impress other squids with thier "prowess" ? . Of course that is almost as bad as the squid talkling himself up and his tires are sporting 2" chicken strips. ?

If you ride and you wear MC related clothing you are not a poser.