Sign in to follow this  

dr350 rear shock

Is the rear shock on the DR350 rebuildable? Mine blew out this weekend, 1994 dirt model.

check ebay you might find one thats already been rebuilt at half the cost of having yours done? or ???? maybe a rebuild kit???

hey just looked on ebay currently there's nothing for a dr in the way of a mono. also looked under drz there was one off a 2001 400 in like new condition, starting bid 50.00 has 5 days left so maybe do some research might be able to retro fit it??? I'm in the works of putting a drz 400 engine in my 92 dr 350 hopefully all goes well, i update incase any one else wants to do the same project. good luck!

They are charged with high pressure nitrogen after assembly so it's unlikely you can get a rebuild kit and DIY. What about rebuild services though? Although Ebay is probably the cheapest way. It's not easy to find the info but look into other dirt bikes that may have the same eye to eye measurement and eye diameter. You may just find you can sub from another model of bike.

If you have a DR350R model I not so sure the internals on that SE shock are going to be the same. I know the forks are different. I'm not sure that S model shock has an external rebound adjustment on it. I'd just opt for the rebould. 2hrs worth of labor (about 80 bucks) plus parts is not that bad.