Sign in to follow this  

ktm 250sxF

does anyone out there have some info on this bike? such as release dates, and features that it has. I am looking to get a new 250f coming up here in the next 6 monthes. that bike defiantly has a cool mystic appearance and i wouldnt mind owning one. so if anyone out there has some info that would be great. :)

Bumping it cuz Im curious about it also. I rode a KTM 125 SX and it was pretty cool. Wonder what their thumpers are like???? Nate ramsey seems to like his

Hy you guy´s,

you can buy the "normal" version in 06, that means over here in Europe we can have it in Juli or August this year. Ramsey and Alessi ride the prototyp. It has gear driven cam, no chain as usual. It also has dohc, unusually for KTM they still build mainly sohc engines, by the way the actual KTM-engine ist egenieered by husaberg. They play up there in WC with this "old style" conept and got two worldchamps with Demaria and Tonwley..will see how the new rfs mixes up the small class.

Watch this....but german required:http://www.offroadforen.de/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16867&highlight=dohc

The '05 KTM 250SXF is available in the states, but you had to be one of the lucky few in line at your KTM dealership a long time ago to get one though because each dealer gets 1 bike. The '06 bike will see full US production though.

Doug

I'm interested in this bike as well and I just spoke to a dealer today. I was also told each dealer will get 1 bike and he wouldn't guarantee that because there was only 200 new 250F's. He said their getting one bike this year and it had a deposit on it alonggggggggggg time ago. He also said 06's shouldn't be a problem. I'm teetering between the 06 YZF or the Ktoom,,,,,,, I think I'll go Orange this time. :)

will the production model have the gear driven cams??? also i heard it makes monster stock horsepower. Ferrari have you ridden one over there???

Don´t know if they take the gear driven cams in the production. But for sure they will the dohc. The factorybike of Townley has also a dohc and geardrive on the SX450. Maybe they think hard about bringing the new stuff to production.

Sadly i haven´t ridden one yet, but as soon as they come and i got the money i´ll buy one.

I got to ask my dealer, he is located directly in Austria 20miles to mattighofen <<< Orange City!!! By the time he comes up with brand hot news for me.

On page 19 of the February Cycle News there is a pic of Josh Hansen on one and it has a nice big bulge in the pipe like a small 2 smoke expansion chamber. Looks like a FMF evolution of the power bomb. Wonder how much that adds and where?

Thats chain driven cams in that one. I think the proto was gear the production is chain.

Doh! I meant chain driven. Went back and edited my post. Must have VFR on the brain. :)

Note the single ball bearing on the cam. It appears that KTM has the cam carrier as a replacement assembly rather than the cam riding directly on the head. It should cost a lot less if there is a journal failure versus replacing the head.

The regular RFS has ball bearings at both ends of the cam.

Did you notice in those pix posted on Cycle Hutts site that the head had been broken and extensively welded. It also looks like it is burning a little oil. Hopefully NOT things to come!!!

Did you notice in those pix posted on Cycle Hutts site that the head had been broken and extensively welded. It also looks like it is burning a little oil. Hopefully NOT things to come!!!

I'm wondering if it is some type of modification rather than a repair?

IF you read through the posts on KTMTalk, one of the factory mechanics was there for the instructions.

The Welded area was a sensor bung added for testing, not a cracked head or case. This is a prototype engine, so things like sensors etc...are not cast into the engine they have to be added later.

One thing I like about that design. The Sparkplug is on the side of the head assembly. Not down the middle like all the rest. No worries about dropping aluminum shaving into the plug hole. Not to mention easier access with regular socket. :)

One thing I like about that design. The Sparkplug is on the side of the head assembly. Not down the middle like all the rest. No worries about dropping aluminum shaving into the plug hole. Not to mention easier access with regular socket. :)

the new generation of Huskys are that way also. You do not have to remove anything to change the spark plug :)