Sign in to follow this  

Got her Water Logged

Been raining a bunch in AZ, went riding anyway to Martinez Canyon, east of Phoenix. Lots of water in the normally dry washes. Not more than 1-2 feet.Took a new guy ley him ride my quad. When everyone else went right he went left and kept going. After waiting for a while I went after him. He was going down a canyon that is no more than 10 feet wide with strong current and 3 foot deep water. Feel into a hole submerged the bike. Walking down the canyon looking for dry ground I found my budd. Fortunately he stalled and could n't get it running.

Drug my bike up on about 18" wide strip of ground, pulled the plug and stood it up on the rear wheel. After about an hour I got it running. Very cold ride , 20 miles back to the truck completely drenched.

Got it home and drained the oil and thern tore the bike completely apart and re greased the suspension , steering stem, axles, lever , Cleaned carb etc.

The air box was full of silt and so was the seat. Finnally got her back together a week later. Fired on the first kick.

Still waiting for a logical answer why my buddy went right down completely differnt terrain than the rest of the ride.

Damn! ...glad you got her sorted out again. :)

...now go smack your friend! :p

Real hard when he is not looking :)

Real damn good idea.

the worst of the deal was for two days at work all I heard was

the quad wasn't 4 wheel drive

the tires didn't have enough tread

it used too much gas that I provided

the helmet I loaned him was too heavy

the googles made it hard to see

Hell I will hit him twice, just not in his head because it is too hard.

When he is at his desk working you need to sneak up behind him and drop kick him in the head. Then ask if the helmet would have been to heavy for that.