Sign in to follow this  

New bike, Unabiker Radiator Guard diff?

Long time reader, first time post. Just yesterday I bought a new 05 DRZ-E "CA" model and have been educating myself here about everything I could want to know about this bike. The archives are a wealth of knowledge. From what I gather is that the 04-05 CA E model only differs from the 49 state E by having the S motor.

So besides the Motor, I can treat the Bike as a 49 state E model as far as all other parts? What I am getting at is that the first thing I was looking to add was some protection (CFC case savers, radiator guards...) and I was looking at the TT store for the radiator guards and with looking at the parts #'s listed, the DRZ E model lists a different part # for 00-03 E models then the part # for the 04-05 E models. Are the 00-03 E models different than the 04-05 E models as far as the Radiators? Or are the radiators the same but with different mounting specs? Plastic differences?

Thanks for the help!

Joe

2005 DRZ400E from SoCal.

On the E/K, the pre-03 models are basicly the same as the post 03.

Suzuki added a second big coolant hose to the left side rad for 04. Same rad, same mounting points, just an additional hose....which happened to run through the same space as the back side of my guards.

The guards are identical, except I've changed the back side on the left guard to clear the second hose.