Sign in to follow this  

CRF & RMZ carby's the same ?

hi, i need a hot start plunger nut for my rmz. here in australia we have no stock and i have to wait over a month to get it.

i work at a honda dealer and i wasl ooking at a crf250 and it looks the same. i was just wondering if they are the same carby or would they work ? if they do i would have more chance of getting one sooner as i can just order it through work.

they are simliar carbs but not the same. That specific nut you are talking about might actually be the same though. I'd at least try it to see.

I had my hotstart loose threads( plastic crap) and just replaced it with an old Yamaha one. The plunger is the same and it threaded right in. It came from a 2001 YZF 250 It took a couple of days for me to get a replacement one.

My guess is the Honda one would fit also. I have another stock RMZ one at the dealer (I ordered two) I can get for $13.00 Canadian. I may be able to get it to you quicker than a month via air mail but am not sure on the cost.

Let me know if you want to try here.

yeh a rmz one is $14 australian which is the same as canadian just about.

honda dickheads want $35 and thats with staff discount.

i want to get an alloy one from somewherE ?

yeh a rmz one is $14 australian which is the same as canadian just about.

honda dickheads want $35 and thats with staff discount.

i want to get an alloy one from somewherE ?

I saw that "pro Circuit" had one advertised in an American magazine. It was aluminium with the usual anodising. It looked trick. I have ordered stuff from the States before (ebay) and had it arrive about 1 week later so the post can be fast. It will cost you though but you won't be replacing it again. :)

i went on the zipty site. i ordered one. ended up being $21AUD i think and i also got a extended fuel screw. both anodised red. all up cost me $45AUD and i dont think postage would be much because of how small they are.

anyway, the honda one would have fit because the zipty one says fits all crf, yzf, kxf, rmz except for yz400f/426.

i went on the zipty site. i ordered one. ended up being $21AUD i think and i also got a extended fuel screw. both anodised red. all up cost me $45AUD and i dont think postage would be much because of how small they are.

anyway, the honda one would have fit because the zipty one says fits all crf, yzf, kxf, rmz except for yz400f/426.

Let me know how much postage cost and how long they took to deliver. I intend to do the same as you.

postage was like $12AUD. it was $8 USD i think. i will let you know when i get it. they said it will be posted out within 2 working days.