Sign in to follow this  

Looking for 17in wheels

I am looking for a set of 17in. wheels for a wr400. Does anyone have a used set they wouldn't mind selling? If not, who has the best deals on wheels?

I've got a complete set, 4.25x17 rear & 3.5x17 front. excel rims (gold) on excel universal hubs (gold) with carriers for a 2000 YZ 426. All spacers and mounting bolts included, no brake rotors or sprokets. They have Dunlop 208 GP softs mounted on them that have a lot of life left. Looking for $850 plus shipping, i can take pictures if you're interested. There are a few minor scratches on the rims from tire changes

I have a set with stock hubs 5.0 rear. $882

Includes 2 brand new tires, extra heavy duty tubes and used rotors in good condition (320mm front). Rear spacer custom made for 5.0 to fit.

Requires swing arm modification to make the 5.0 to fit, but it's worth the time to do it as the 4.25 are not really a good tire width for these bikes.

The tires alone would sell for $300 retail.

Plus shipping.

I'm selling my rims only, if you are interested in lacing them up to your stock hubs (you would have to check to see if they have the same amount of spokes). They are 17x3.5 and 17 x 5.0 Behr polished aluminum rims, came stock on my KTM. I want $300 for the set. PM me if interested.

What kinda of modification to the swingarm has to be done to make a 5.0 rim fit?

What kinda of modification to the swingarm has to be done to make a 5.0 rim fit?

+1

I fliped my chain guard bolts over and my 5.0 slides right in, is that considered modifying the swingarm?

See my instructions in another thread for putting a ktm wheel on a wr, as they seem to be cheaper and more plentiful on ebay. Requires a small lathe to machine the spacers.