Tranny Main Bearing problem!

I have 12.8 hours on my 2005 CRF250. I haven't got to race it yet and my Tranny Main Bearing went out today. That makes for the second bike in a row for me. My 2004 CRF250 trany bearing went out after 1 year of riding /racing. and now my 2005.

And before someone starting saying that I lack of maint. has to do with it. After twelve point eight hours on my 05 the oil has been changed three times. I don't think that would be the problem. The problem is the bearing is weak.

I am not ripping on Honda (I've had a Honda 10 years out of eleven racing years). I want to know how many out there are having the same problem.

I know just because there are only few people that post stuff like this online, there are plenty more out there that we don't know about. But, I bet that Honda does. So for Honda FIX IT!!!!!!!!

I was saying SOME people don't do maintenance...did not mean to sound like I was saying you did not....

It sure sucks to hear that though...I have a 2004 model as well...it gets ridden hard. I will keep an eye out and ask around....but at our tracks I have not heard of this issue yet. A good friend of mine works on TONS of these bikes and he has not seen one yet either...but he has seen tons of valve wear issues...but that is another story...

Hey man that sucks, but are you so pissed that you gotta post the same thing twice and have all the new guys worrying about it?

I checked the DRN forum and CRFs only forum, nothing about tranny bearings. Its a rare occurance that you had 2 lemons in a row, theres gotta be another reason.... ?

Not to fuel any fires, but Honda does not make the bearings in their machines. Most of them are NTN bearings made in Japan. Honda just buys them and puts them in when the bikes are assembled. The only way Honda can be to blame is if there is too much stress on the bearing. I don't think this is the case, so I would blame a faulty bearing. I know that doesn't ease any frustration over having a new bike that you have to tear into. ?

I've read of similar types of problems caused by chains being run without enough slack. What slack do you run?

I saw a pal of mine run his 250 chain way too tight, on a 2-stroker, and I told him "you should run it looser"...when he landed a jump...it broke the countershaft in half, literally...and took out a bunch of other stuff too. ?

I have 12.8 hours on my 2005 CRF250. I haven't got to race it yet and my Tranny Main Bearing went out today. That makes for the second bike in a row for me. My 2004 CRF250 trany bearing went out after 1 year of riding /racing. and now my 2005.

And before someone starting saying that I lack of maint. has to do with it. After twelve point eight hours on my 05 the oil has been changed three times. I don't think that would be the problem. The problem is the bearing is weak.

I am not ripping on Honda (I've had a Honda 10 years out of eleven racing years). I want to know how many out there are having the same problem.

I know just because there are only few people that post stuff like this online, there are plenty more out there that we don't know about. But, I bet that Honda does. So for Honda FIX IT!!!!!!!!

Wow. everytime I venture into the Honda forums its the same stuff over and over again. Doesn't seem to matter what year these bikes are, what crap.

Doug

Wow. everytime I venture into the Honda forums its the same stuff over and over again. Doesn't seem to matter what year these bikes are, what crap.

Doug

Wow, every time I pop into the Honda forums, I find the same idiots like you over and over again, spouting BS about blue bikes. Go somewhere else. Don't make me go find the threads about YZF's blowing up tranny gears. YZF's have some valve issues as well unless you just putt-putt them around (that sounds like you) and cost a WHOLE LOT MORE to fix when they grenade. Oh wait, I just couldn't resist. Here are some curent blue board threads about engine and valve problems...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227270

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224635&parentpage=2

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226807&parentpage=3

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226472&parentpage=4

Yeah, sure YZF's never have problems...now go away and stop being ignorant and flame bait...

Wow, every time I pop into the Honda forums, I find the same idiots like you over and over again, spouting BS about blue bikes. Go somewhere else. Don't make me go find the threads about YZF's blowing up tranny gears. YZF's have some valve issues as well unless you just putt-putt them around (that sounds like you) and cost a WHOLE LOT MORE to fix when they grenade. Oh wait, I just couldn't resist. Here are some curent blue board threads about engine and valve problems...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227270

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224635&parentpage=2

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226807&parentpage=3

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226472&parentpage=4

Yeah, sure YZF's never have problems...now go away and stop being ignorant and flame bait...

Thank you, Honda rider. Those are all examples of poor riding/maintnance. The threads you see in the Honda forums are all examples of POS Honda's coming from the factory. You wont hear of any blue owners buying a brand-new 2005 and having problems like this. ?

Doug

Thank you, Honda rider. Those are all examples of poor riding/maintnance. The threads you see in the Honda forums are all examples of POS Honda's coming from the factory. You wont hear of any blue owners buying a brand-new 2005 and having problems like this. ?

Doug

Your ignorance is still showing. All the bikes have some issue or another. I used to have a Yamaha...I got tire of fixing stripped threads in the engine cases and the ugly blue painted frame rusting where the paint rubbed and chipped off. But it was still a good bike.

You are a flame posting idiot, please, do this whole forum a favor and leave...I mean leave the entire TT forum. I don't see you offering anything other than flamebait, I don't think I have seen a post from you yet offering any sound advice or help to another rider. Your useless, ignorant, and no experience, think-you-know-it-all, biased type is simply worthless.

You are the type of person that thinks they are the life of the party, only to have the party laugh behind your back when you leave.

Hey man that sucks, but are you so pissed that you gotta post the same thing twice and have all the new guys worrying about it?

I checked the DRN forum and CRFs only forum, nothing about tranny bearings. Its a rare occurance that you had 2 lemons in a row, theres gotta be another reason.... ?

Ya MAN I'm pissed! I am going to post it on every board in the freakin country if I have to. I posted it again in my own, because some members might not read into every post and only read new post. I wanted to give everyone a chance to see my problems so the can be looking out.

I ain't puttin this on here to bash Honda cause I love Honda's. But I will bash them if they won't take care of there problems with there bikes.

And for the guy that said,

Not to fuel any fires, but Honda does not make the bearings in their machines. Most of them are NTN bearings made in Japan. Honda just buys them and puts them in when the bikes are assembled.

They are to blame. They put the cheap A$$ $5.00 bearing in the tranny not me or you. If it was me I would have put a $50.00 bearing in the thing because of knowing there is a lot of torque coming from the engine. (If you by something from Walmart and it is defective you typically take it back to Walmart don't ya?) That is up to them to take it up with there suppliers not me or you.

On my 04 it was the one behind the countershaft sprocket. The 05 I am waiting to here back from the dealer about doing something for me.

Honda could of had a few bad runs on a bearing or their design is not as tolerant to loading as other bikes. I would really look at how you have the chain tension set. A properly adjusted chain that stays loose at full travel will look offly loose to the naked eye. You always hear of that chain breaking at a race or that "brand" stretches real bad...most of that is because the chain is tight.

Wish you luck, please let us know what is up.

Doug

the only way he wins is to claim that it was "poor maintainence"

Honda could of had a few bad runs on a bearing or their design is not as tolerant to loading as other bikes. I would really look at how you have the chain tension set. A properly adjusted chain that stays loose at full travel will look offly loose to the naked eye. You always hear of that chain breaking at a race or that "brand" stretches real bad...most of that is because the chain is tight.

Wish you luck, please let us know what is up.

I typically always run my chains with more slack than what the manual says. I'm not getting lippy ? , but I have been riding for 25 years and racing for 11 years and about 8 to 10 of those years have been on honda's. I have had only one honda (1996 CR125) that had motor problems. The thing fried the crank and top-end the week I got it. Honda did take care of me then. Honda has always been one of the most reliable bikes, including the CRF450 which I had for two years with no problems at all.

It is looking good so far that Honda is going to help me out, and if they don't it sounds like the dealer will. Crossing my fingers!!!!!!