Sign in to follow this  

Procycle motors in MO is bad news

Hello, I had a terrible experience dealing with these clowns at Procycle in Mo. I drove 1500 miles from denver to Columbia, MO to buy a quad and a jetski. I had what I thought to be legal binding documents showing an agreed upon price that was faxed to me with a sales managers signature on them. I was faxed the certificates of origin for both vehicles and a final sales sheet showing the balance after my deposit. I even spoke with the sales manager and the salesman 3 times before I left CO to verify my total out the door price. I was always told the same thing.

I get there and after 3 hours of confusion about where my vehicles even were they get me into the finance office. This place was a joke. total unprofessionalism. Dealing with the finance guy is where the real treachery began. They tried to tack on all of the BS charges that drive people to drive to other states to buy bikes. This jagoff told me that he tells his sales people to deliberately not disclose the full prices of the bikes to get them into the store. He knows that after people drive thousands of miles they will most likely pay a few hundred extra bucks over driving all the way home with nothing. This guy says he hears the complaints all day long and doesn't care if customers call them dishonest.

If you visit their website you will see that their advertised prices are the best around but those aren't the real OTD prices that they say. They ended up charging me $300 more from what was originally quoted to me. They tried to originally charge me an additional $600 dollars. I argued with them and threatened to leave so they eventually lowered the charges a little. They tried to justify the costs by saying they need to recoup some of the fees for freight and setup. They all say that. I told the sales manager that customers would be much happier with the true price up front and not having the feeling of being cheated or lied to.

They also said that the faxed legal documents that I had weren't legal in MO. I would have had to fax them back to the sales manager and get them returned to me before they were legal.

I think that is incorrect.

From now on I think I will stick with Bartlesville cycle sports in OK.

Hmmmmmm, I bought my '05 CRF450R from them and I also drove from a neighboring state. I bought the bike for exactly what they quoted me over the phone, no hidden fees, they were great to work with. I know a few other people that have had the same experience with them as well.

I would have bought the bike from the Honda dealer in Bartlesville but they did not have any in stock at the time and ProCycles did, plus I did not have to pay tax since I was from out of state.

I drove 7 hours to get my 450R on Friday. They did try to get me for 300 extra dollars, talked them out of 100 of it but that was it and I was in a hurry to get back on the road to get home. (16 hour drive in one)

Total for my 05 450R was 6064. Still can not beat the price anywhere around here.

Kind of shady but oh well, alot of dealers in IL do that as well.

I bought mine from pro cycle in springfield Mo,they quoted 5799.00 plus 50 buck set up fee or a total of 5849.00 out the door,I ordered mine in july,paid 500 down in advance for a sept deliveryI finance thru honda finance there at the shop,3 days later they called and was fed x me a new contract to sign for less intrest,Honda said I had bought several bikes and deserverd a lower intrest,which saved me nearly 8 bucks a month,I was very pleased with them in Springfield Mo,also I paid no tax.

No tax for me since I was from out of state.

It is the buyers responsibility to register the bike and pay their state tax.

I was happy with them even though the tried to screw me with extra fees, oh well Still saved me 1000 dollars.

mtchristman and jeff660 here on TT were also misled by ProCycle in MO. I've also read similar comments from others on different boards/groups. Here's a clip from the Better Business Bureau report about ProCycle USA. Please see the entire report if you want more info about them through www.bbb.org.

-----------------------------------------------------

BBB Reliability Report

Procycle

2600 North 763

Columbia, MO 65201

General Information

Principal: Allen Shernaman, Owner/Manager

Phone Number: (573) 443-6623

Membership Status: This company is not a member.

Type-of-Business Classification: Motorcycles-Dealers

The Bureau processed 7 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. 4 of those were processed in the last 12 months. Complaints are concerning Advertising Issues, Selling Practices, Delivery, Product Quality, Refund Promised, and Service Issues. 4 were closed as Resolved, and 3 were closed as Disputed.

they tried to screw me twice. when i first called one of the guys quoted me 6064 and said he would have to have a deposit(200) before I could get a buyers order faxed to me (for financing purposes). So I had them fax over a copy of the buyers order and when i got it it was marked up about 300 bucks. I called them and told them that i needed my money refunded cause I found a better deal elsewhere (6200), which i did. So he was suppose to refund my money but then he called back and said that his mgr allowed him to take those fees off. So I told him to mark off on his copy of the sales order the fees and fax it back to me. He convinced me that he didn't need to fax it back. So on my sheet I recorded the date, time, and person i was talking to next to each fee that was suppose to be refunded. I was then anxious all week waiting to see how screwed I was gonna get. This was Tuesday. Saturday I get to the dealership around 11 and had to wait for3 hrs from the time i walked in until i left with the bike. The salesman there seemed really uneasy. After waiting my 2.75 hrs i got to pay for my bike and the fees that were suppose to be taken off magically appeared on a buyers order that they had. I immediately whipped out my buyers order with the dates times and name of person. While the salesman was looking stupified I noticed there was a copy of a salesorder with my credit card reciept stapled to it and the fees were marked out. I pulled the order out from under his arm and pointed them out. The guy stutters and says that he wouldn't know why they would take the fees off. I showed him that my check was for exazctly 6064 and that I wasn't going to pay any more than that. He changed the prices in the computer and I was on my way. I checked every nut and bolt on the bike and I haven't found anything wrong with it. Not even a loose seat bolt. My advice...just bring a cashiers check for the exact amount.

wow sorry for th elong post :)

Man what a run around. Why in the heck does a big company like Honda continue to let some outfit like this sell their product? Makes Honda look real bad. RR.

They tried the same thing with me. I had the cashiers check for 5864 and said thats all I got. I had a deposit on the bike, 200, that I was planning on them to refund, nope!!

So the bike cost me 6064 as well.

Next time I am going to go somewhere else. I am thinking honda east in Toledo, anyone hear of them. 05's for 6049?

My friend is looking for an 05 so he is going to check them out.

if you're going to deal with procycle be prepared to drive home without a bike. I wasn't going to pay anymore than they had stated. And I was seriously ready to drive home without the bike.

I drive truck for a living and once a week I go to Springfield MO, in fact I was there on Monday 2-21, they had alot of bikes like normal, but when I got there one of the managers was outside talking about certain damage on a bike that this customer was supposed to pick up then, they didnt look happy and it got a little heated also :) I talked with them earlier about a X but they wanted $500 down and they were only $200 dollars less than at home, not enough for me to drag it that far back home.They were the ones that also told me they had gotten 2 X's and had already sold them!(lie!!!!) :) They are one of those huge dealers and sometimes that's good :p and sometimes its bad :D just have to watch them good! If any of you want a price on anything to see if it is different if I ask them when I am at the dealership PM me I go down there every Monday! Roost on!

I bought a Z400 from them in Columbia. I had an add that was a week old and they honored it. I was there for about 4 hours but I think the wiat was well worth the 1200 I saved. I got the bike and the 4 year extended warranty for less than everyone around home wanted for just the bike.

I bought my crf450 from them oct 30. they told me there was a 200 dollar doc fee and 50 bucks for the setup. I told them I would only pay 50 and they said ok with no hesitation. so I paid like 5849.00 out the door

Missouri Attorney General just charged PROCYCLE with 45 counts of fraud, a $1000 fine for each violation, plus court costs see... MO AG website

Springfield Missouri BBB lists 15 consumer complaints on file in the Last three years for PROCYCLE. UNSATISFACTORY rating...non-member

Thanks for posting this subject inkpenexor as I'm going out with two freinds to P/U two bikes at http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/default.asp

CRF 450 for 6100 OTD

YZ 125 for 4480 OTD

I did not think to get a faxed statement from them so that is what I will do.

:thumbsup: What all should the statement include ......... detailed description of what added up to OTD price, serial # of bike, name of salesmen, date ..........anything else?

Yea, everyone around here is very happy to hear that they are finally getting in trouble for that shit, we have all had at least one bad experience with them, you guys arent the only ones!!

I was there a few months ago, when I was driving through Springfield. I went to their new Honda store, which was amazing. I talked to a few people there about extra fees, and about half said none, but they were the people buying 2-5 machines at once. A few said they had extra charges, but they were no more then $100. Seems like they have gotten worse.

I have a better idea.................develop a good rapport with your LOCAL dealership ! Their must be a good dealer in Colorado.

Drive 1500 miles to buy a dirtbike ? How much could you possibly save ? That makes no sense...............

KLX