Sign in to follow this  

A poseur and his aftermarket

So, I just got done reading the thread about poseurs and it made me think. We all look at the poseur issue with a liitle distane looking from the inside out but what if we look from the inside in... What I mean is, everyone has an opinion about people wearing garb and they can't ride or don't, but what about the guy who comes riding with the new YZF450 and has every aftermarket part available and get beat up by the kid on the clapped out 80 that's missing the silencer and is riding in jeans. Only reason I post this is because it makes me wonder..... You take a bike (wether it ie the cr, yz, kx, rm, or whatever) that has more power than the normal person can use and start spending a ass load of money on it to make it faster and lighter and yet it's all for show. We all know these guy's......

So, what is everyone's opinion on this? Would we consider many people in our sport poseurs too? :)

Big, expensive, powerful bikes are fun to ride. Get over it.

You're only a poser if really believe that bling and speed equipment makes you better than anyone else, and you won't admit that there are old men and girls who could beat your butt on a 125 or a rusty old XR.

HEY! This thing can be taken to both extremes, the non riding guys and the other guys who ride and think they really need to play the part of being an "extreme dude" with all of the body peircings and tattoos. Man, I know some guys think its a life style but I wonder if it is mostly a thing that some of these guys were not in the "IN" crowd and have to look like a bad a$$ to get some sort of recognition. Quote, "Oh man I'm so extreme look at my tats and steel, just minute while blaze here for a sec". Kinda makes me ill.. :):)

There's nothing wrong with bolt on BLING BLING if it makes you feel good about your bike. Now on the other hand if you have an attitude that the Ti. system makes you a SUPERCROSS STAR when your no faster than any new rider...Then your a poser. I like to accessorize my 625, But it's for me and not to impress anybody else.

Some people, (as me) use these mods for performance not poser or looksness. The mods can help you be faster, no matter if you can use all the power or not. It could helps you get out of corners faster or anything.

I think the term poser only really apllys to anyone in the equation that would be under the age of 16. It sounds like a term that some highschool kid with some major insecurities came up with, to cope. Posers generally grow up into adults, and devlop a better sence of self-worth. It's called pride, and if that means wearing a fox shirt, or buying a $500 yoshi, so be it......I meet some of the nicest people that enjoy our sport, that might be wearing a factory jersey, or something else. I buy the garb, or more apropriately, the schwag, because I can afford to. It's time you kids put his poser stuff to rest and just go ride, and get as many people you can, to go riding. The way I see it, there are more important issues facing the sport than people who want to just look like the pros...........eventually it won't matter because there will be no place to ride..........

Until I graduate college and got a job all my bikes were paid for by my parents. Because of that I never was on the newest coolest rides and actually loved it!!! I'd love pulling up to a guy with the newest bike with all the new gear on my clapped out ride and hand him his ass or watch him fall on his ass trying to ride the hills or the terrain that we ran. It was always fun to beat people on a 10y/o bike that had been broke in half a couple times and self welded back together.

Funny though, now that I've got the newer bike my balls have shrunk, I'm still skilled but just don't have the guts to hang it out and hit the jumps or rail the blind corners on a trail. I just have pride knowing that I may not be the fastest but there's not a whole lot I can't get through...

Khris

yeah theres lots around...

i bought my 01 250f off of a poser..a few parts.....he always had the nicest gear and bike was awesome!!!!!! got a good deal too when he 'retired' from mx :)

shoot i just put some graphics on my bike and i think i got at least 1 1/2 HP gain.

but really, i no im not THAT good of a rider, which is why im not willing to go spend 600 dollars on an exhaust system that will give me a little extra power that i don't really need. im only racing with friends and I don't see the need for ME to put all my money into that stuff.

unless its my 50, that thing needs all the help it can get

Just a thought..... It was going along the lines of the previous post. To each his own. I just find it funny that people spend $800 on an exhaust because it will drop 2lbs and give them a 1-1/2hp.... Yet they have a body fat content of 20% and couldn't run a block, but they need that weight savings and hp because it will make them faster....... Ha. :):)

Anyone that spells the word poser like some beret wearing french sissy is the ultimate poser....

Put that in your pipe and smoke it ... "Poseur"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

To me a poser is someone who wears all the trendy cloths, stickers on the car and such, but does not ride. Yes, people have the right to do that because they like the stuff. They are still posers.

A squid is the guy who buys the new bike and blings it out with all of the aftermarket goodies and talks a faster game than he can ride.

p.s. ther is no age limit on being a poser or a squid.

how the hell do you spell....the word... Poser? or poseur, make up your minds.

Anyone that spells the word poser like some beret wearing french sissy is the ultimate poser....

Put that in your pipe and smoke it ... "Poseur"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Now that was funny made me choke up my croissant!!!

And I will say I am sorry I started this whole thing! :)

Now that was funny made me choke up my croissant!!!

And I will say I am sorry I started this whole thing! :D

:) ..............yeah you started a naughty :):p