Gorman next weekend...locals help!!!

Its in the hills but well protected from run off the track is well desinged and the conditions are going to be EPIC. Come down and have fun, you and your son will love hungry vally also you can ride from the parking lot of the track streight into the ohv park you will not regret it just be carefull for idtiots on the blind corners! ?

What's the name of the trail that you come to right near the entrance to the MX track? If you ride out of the parking lot at the MX track and go right, it takes you back towards the road on the south end where the campgrounds are. If you take a left it takes you north towards the main gate. Fun trail, very easy but fast. Lots of sand whoops. ?

It's called Pronghorn. You can't ride out of the track and into Hungry Valley. The people at the booth won't let you out, or back in if you get out. They are a separate entity and the fees you pay at the booth don't go to the OHV park. You might get lucky if they are distracted but I wouldn't count on it. I have always been told by them they wouldn't let me back in.

I guess it is safe to assume to ride anywhere there besides the MX track you need a quiet muffler, S/A and a red sticker............. and how aggressive are they enforcing it???

We are going there to race but if time allows the kid and I may go for a ride on our own..............

Hungry Valley is a no no on my list. Its over crowded and the rangers act like they are all members of the sierra club. My friend got a ticket last week for no spark arestor. The ranger drove up when my firends and I were sitting around a campfire and gave my friend a ticket who has a 230 with a big gun. We noticed it was gone after we came back from a ride and were planning on parking it since i got a ticket for no spark arrestor the month before. To many rules just to ride. ?

The guy at the gate even checked and ok'd us.

Hungry Valley is a no no on my list. Its over crowded and the rangers act like they are all members of the sierra club. My friend got a ticket last week for no spark arestor. The ranger drove up when my firends and I were sitting around a campfire and gave my friend a ticket who has a 230 with a big gun. We noticed it was gone after we came back from a ride and were planning on parking it since i got a ticket for no spark arrestor the month before. To many rules just to ride. ?

The guy at the gate even checked and ok'd us.

Yea its hard to have a spark arrestor :D too many "rules" ? good stay away! ?

96db .... gheesh, u might wake-up the folks over @ Carls Jr. !!! LOL ... Who cares about the dirt and noise? Live life people!

I'm just getting back into trail riding. From a screamer RM125....to a brand new yamiXT225. Do u need anything (green/red sticker) to satisfy them? or is a dual purpose, ok with license plate?

if your plated you can ride anywhere in hungry valley if your red/green stickered you can ride anywhere but the main roads yes there are rules for riding there, but if they didn't have rules then imagine how bad it would be to ride there....

as with anyplace you ride you have to watch out for the other guy.... because they aren't always paying attention.... i have been stopped by rangers and have had great discussions with some others have checked my bike and rode on....

if your bike is there, they assume that you are riding it and by entering the park you have to abide by the rules. If for some reason you lost your spark arrestor then you needed to make sure that you have an extra and fix the bike when you get back to camp. If you had the spark arrrestor then the ranger would have stopped an then been on his way then you would have a different feeling about it!

The rules are there to keep it as safe and as enjoyable as possible...

So go, have fun, but remember... follow the rules and it will be open for the next time you want to ride!!!