Sign in to follow this  

I need the spring rates please

What are the spring rates for the 450? I have an 04 crf450 and 250 and the suspension on my 450 is way softer. What is the difference in the springs? If i put 04 450 springs on my 250 (if i could) would it be softer?

have you played with the clickers on the 250?

One other thing, the suspension on the 250 may not be stiff enough and its allowing it to sag down into the stiffer portions of the suspension travel...

Switching the springs would be a mistake...

You need slightly stiffer springs for the 250, using the 450 springs id think would be too much...

Ive got the spring pre-load all the way off on my 250 and 450. sag on the 250 is 3 1/2 inches and ive got 4 inches on my 450. clickers were about 15 out on the rear on the 250 and about 5 out on the 450. I love my 450 suspension. and my 250f is too stiff. sound like i should change springs?

You may be able to get spring rates that are quoted by the manufacturer, but they are sometimes off. My 05 450 is supposed to have .47's, but on the Race Tech spring tester they were both .49's.

Be sure what you have first.

Second, how much do you weigh? About 140 is what I am guessing, if you have to let the preload that far out. Remeber, the clickers do not help you when you are setting the sag, just the springs.

James