Anyone making plastic fo 2005 Husky TE's

Hey All,

Went out Sunday and broke both Radiator shrouds on the New 2005 TE 450.

The temperature was around 35 Degrees.

I was going to call the dealer, but didn't want to go OEM, because the stuff is brittle.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket company making 2005 plastic yet.

HuskyRips

Hey All,

Went out Sunday and broke both Radiator shrouds on the New 2005 TE 450.

The temperature was around 35 Degrees.

I was going to call the dealer, but didn't want to go OEM, because the stuff is brittle.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket company making 2005 plastic yet.

HuskyRips

Yer, the standard plastics are a bit flimsy.

The OEM plastics are made by Acerbis in Italy. Acerbis do not sell them as an aftermarket spare.

Polisport make replica 05 plastics. I have looked at them in my dealer and the finish is probably even better than the originals. You can get them in various colours. All blue looks trick!

I did a search on Google using "polisport Husqvarna" and it finds heaps but most are European sites. I will ask my dealer who distributes the Polisport items. Who imports Polisport into the U.S.?

Hope this helps a bit. ?

I was at Indy Dealer Show this weekend and talked to Polisport rep. He said no plans to bring Husky plastic into US, not enough demand. I would bug the rep and maybe they will. Very nice stuff and the ironic part was part of the display was a blue '05 Husky headlight mask(no light unit installed) and they had no idea what it was. I also talked to UFO and Husky plastic will not be in Parts Unlimited catalog, but they will make it availible directly from the US UFO importer. If anyone wants that contact I'll find it when I unpack.

Norman

I contacted them, they have nothing, i search Polisport Husqvarna on Google, found a dealer in England, Emailed them, they can't keep Husky side panels in stock as they explode in cold weather, did not have any aftermarket solutions. Maybe in the summer the demand will slow to where production can keep up, its all temprature dependant.

Are you sure Polisport make 05 plastics for Husky? They have never made them before & I doubt this is correct.

The replacement panels which have come from Husky are now made using a different type of plastic (less brittle) this was the reason for the delay in replacements.

Cemoto plastics are not of the best quality & scuff up quickly.If I was to go aftermarket I would go UFO.

Very interested,please let us know.

I've been in need of plastic since November 04

The bike looks like Frankinstine with small holes and mini zip strips holding the broken and cracked plastic together.

William

<<I also talked to UFO and Husky plastic will not be in Parts Unlimited catalog, but they will make it availible directly from the US UFO importer. If anyone wants that contact I'll find it when I unpack.

Norman>>

Forget the euros!. Why doesn't everybody from thumper talk who owns a husky log a request to maier manufacturing to start making 2004 and 2005 plastics. And make sure we can buy the stuff online because most dealers and accessory shops wont stock husky gear - too low volume apparently. If people can find the stuff and buy it easily over the web at a fair price, then they will sell heaps.

They used to make husky plastics in the mid eighties and they were very good quality. I purchased a husky replica maier headlight for my 86 wr250 and it lasted forever.

Log a request to the following website;

http://www.maier-mfg.com/feedback.cfm

Log as many requests as possible !!!!! Let them know that there is a real demand for this product.

Maier sell pastics for all manner of weird bikes, I don't see why they can't set up a few production runs for husky's, the demand is obviously there.

Give them heaps and see what happens.

done , but I doubt they will respond. those guys don't even make blue plastic for DRZs, in fact I don't think they make yellow DRZ plastic either as I remember, and there like a billion DRZs out there. I asked them that last year by phone...... they said NO to blue DRZ plastic I remember that.

But thanks for the link

Thanks for the suggestion, here is what I sent:

Hello,

I have a 2005 Husqvarna TE450 as well as both 2004 CR125 and TE250.

But I am not able to find plastic bodywork for the 2005.

So I wanted to voice my interest if you would consider building some. The 2005 Huskys in 250, 450 and 510 both TC and TE versions use the same body work so the liklyhood of demand should be worth the effort.

Also the 2005 bodywork will fit the previous 2004-2002 of the same models fourstrokes (as well as the tail, side pannels and front fender will fit the 2 strokes)and many are looking to fit the 05 bodywork to their pre 05 bikes to update the appearance.

Thank you for the consideration.

William Ow

Here's exactly what I got back from Maier:

"No husky parts at this time."

They responded to me that they "weren't going to make any for the Husky's". It should not be this hard to buy some plastics. Geez!!! How much would the Polisport stuff cost to ship to the US? I'd be willing if it isn't going to be ridiculous. This is getting stoooooopid ? !!!

Travis Epperson