Sign in to follow this  

New Valve help

I just put new vales and port and polished the head. I have a lot of backfiring now...Would that be that my jetting is off or could I have skipped a tooth on my timming...

Can I have some advice on what to check first.

First try the obvious,make sure the head pipe is not leaking.2nd try adjusting air screw.3rd 1 higher in main.if not you could be off a tooth.Good luck.

I just put new vales and port and polished the head. I have a lot of backfiring now...Would that be that my jetting is off or could I have skipped a tooth on my timming...

Can I have some advice on what to check first.

Did you replace the headpipe gasket? A new one is round (like pipe) and "smashes" down when installed. It's about a $5 part. I keep a spare in the box. Make sure to tighten head bolts down alternating frequently.

I know it may sound a little obvious, but check the head pipe. Is it leaking air? Try adjusting the air screw and go up one main jet.

Doug

You are a self proclaimed yamaha fan boy. You know nothing about CRF's...go post in the proper forum where you might stand a chance at credibility.

You are a self proclaimed yamaha fan boy. You know nothing about CRF's...go post in the proper forum where you might stand a chance at credibility.

:):)

BTW, start by checking the timing. Did you have the slide out of the carb?

I went through was checking everything and then I noticed I hadn't tightened my hearder bolts down....lol....Thanks guys wish I would have saw that before I went through alot of jetting changes

Im a Yamaha guy.. does that mean I know nothing about CRF's :)

Im a Yamaha guy.. does that mean I know nothing about CRF's :)

You don't come in the CRF forums and post a bunch of bogus crap because you're a toddler either. Your posts are informative and very helpful. I check my own valves because of your sticky. When it's time to shim, I'll use your sticky as well. This idiot comes here just to start shit with people, never offering any insight whatsoever.