Sign in to follow this  

hydrolic clutch??? is it worth it?

i am thinking about adding a hydrolic clutch to my 2002 crf450 is it worth the $$$$ and does it help much over a cable pull

i am thinking about adding a hydrolic clutch to my 2002 crf450 is it worth the $$$$ and does it help much over a cable pull

Compared to a NEW cable, it is not alot easier...but it is easier to some degree. However, since most people don't replace the clutch cable as often as needed, there is usually a substantial drag.

The biggest benefit is the no fade, automatically adjusting for abuse operation. Once you set your lever engagement point, you don't have to worry about it anymore.... :)

Any bike of mine will get the Magura unit.

Rapture is right!!!

I just put the Magura Hydraulic clutch on my 2005 CRF450R and my 2005 CRF250R. They are really neat. In my opinion it is money well spent.

DO IT!!!!

OK, I have ridden some KTM and GasGas with HD clutch, unless the bike is a 2 2strokes I don't use the clutch that much only on starts.....so that's not for me.

What do you guys think of the STM slipper clutch?

http://www.mxbike.com/catalog/STM+Slipper+Clutch+Honda+CRF+450+02-04

The KTM clutch, while still hydraulic..is a harder pull than the Magura on a Honda....it's in the way the clutch actuator is designed.