Sign in to follow this  

A.R.C.MX 220V motocross boots?

Has anyone bought a pair of theses in the pictures they look like a nice boot for 160 bucks they have pivot hinge look a lot like sidis in thetops with a replaceable sole Anyone have any feedback on these? thanks Rick

All of the ARC stuff I have purchased has been very high quality. I wouldn't think twice about it. Rocky Mountain is a great company, I am sure they will stand behind the product.

I bought the whole ARC set a year or so ago.

The cuffs on the pants are stupid tight.

The boots, imo, are crap. They were fine on my quad since putting my foot down meant I was getting off the quad (not always on purpose :) ). However, they don't cut it for 2 wheels, especially now that I'm getting a bit more aggressive in my riding. They have no ankle support, and the damn straps will not stay tight. Maybe that's been fixed with the 220 boots.

I'm pretty sure their new MX220 helmet is the M2R Rev X.

They look pretty good to me. I have Sidi's, but after looking at the Oxtar, SG10, and ARC 220V, I might change for the better value if they offer the same protection, which they appear to do.

While the saying you get what you pay for usually holds true, the fact that this boot offers better ankle protection than boots costing into the $300 range says a lot. The only A stars boot with that protection is the Tech10, and that's $400+. From what the magazine reviews say, it's not worth it when other boot companies offer more for less.

ARC_05_MX_220_BOO_BLK.JPG

ARC_05_MX_220_BOO_WHI.JPG

The only area that does not look as strong as the Sidi is the shin protection, but I'd have to see the boot to know for sure.

Anybody know if these boots have an Achille's strap like the Tech-10?

That, combined with the ankle pivot, should make these things bulletproof.