Sign in to follow this  

Who uses Castrol oil

I got sponsored by them but dont know what type to buy. There is 10w 40, 10w 50,

mineral based, synthetic based. What have you guys used in the engine and trany. is it good. I've always used honda stuff.

I'm using Castrol 10w30 GTX, same as in my truck, in both the engine and tranny. Valves are in spec and I haven't had more than normal oil burn. I just ride single track trails, so I am not ripping on it to much.

I'm using Castrol 10w30 GTX, same as in my truck, in both the engine and tranny. Valves are in spec and I haven't had more than normal oil burn. I just ride single track trails, so I am not ripping on it to much.

The 10w30 is fine for the engine, but for the clutch you would be better off in the long run using a non-energy conserving type, Castrol 10w40 or even 20w50 would fit the bill fine. The 10w30 is rated "energy conserving" and hs additives that may affect clutch life over time. Basically it has "slippery" additives, just what you don't want for fiver plate life.

I used Castrol 20w50 for a long time (2 years) and never replaced a clutch on my YZF426.

You got sponsored by Castrol but you have to buy the oil? I dont understand?

Doug

Again, you seem to suffer ignorance. Maybe he buys it at a very low price. Maybe he just orders it and they send it to him. Go away, stop inflating your meager post count by posting useless drivel all the time.

I use Castrol GTX 10-40 in my yammy (non energy conserving oil) and I use it in my truck, parents cars, and work trucks. It works awesome.

I have a awesome story but I'm really too lazy right now to type it. Long story short, a work truck of my dads was running on 1 quart of oil for a good week or two (307 Dodge Ram V8) and it never siezed. My yammy lost 1 qt. of oil and I did about 10 laps. Never siezed.

Good stuff.

I like Castrol oil. I'd use synthetic 10-40 in engine, and castrol gear oil in the clutch case. I actually like the way my X shifts with Castrol gear oil better than more expensive Redline.

I use the gtx 10-40 and have had no complaints so far. I change my oil every 2 rides and filter about every 3rd oil change.

Again, you seem to suffer ignorance. Maybe he buys it at a very low price. Maybe he just orders it and they send it to him. Go away, stop inflating your meager post count by posting useless drivel all the time.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I just cant take you seriously with that gay ass avatar.

Doug

I'm sorry you feel that way, I just cant take you seriously with that gay ass avatar.

Doug

When you can discuss intelligently and not be such a yammi fan boy...we will listen. Go back to where ever it is you crawled out of...

you two guys crack me up. t-rap and 4strokes. i would like to see you guy duke it out in 3 events. 1st insults, 2nd dirtbikin, 3rd good ol brawlin. personally i'm with t-rap(therapture) being a fellow Honda rider, and a Texan. well i'm actually a Texoradan (Texan that moved to Colorado).

T-rap where did you get that avatar? Thats one of the funniest I've seen. I also use Castrol oil. I haven't experienced any problems. I don't run it in the tranny though.

I use Castrol GTX 10-40 in my yammy (non energy conserving oil) and I use it in my truck, parents cars, and work trucks. It works awesome.

I have a awesome story but I'm really too lazy right now to type it. Long story short, a work truck of my dads was running on 1 quart of oil for a good week or two (307 Dodge Ram V8) and it never siezed. My yammy lost 1 qt. of oil and I did about 10 laps. Never siezed.

Good stuff.

:) How the hell do you "lose" a quart of oil??