Sign in to follow this  

Gripper seat cover or complete seat?

I want to upgrade my seat. I've done some searching and found that a lot of you didn't like the SDG because it's too stiff. I don't want the GUTS seat because I don't one that's wider than stock. So would recovering my stock seat be a good option? I stand up a lot when I ride so the SDG being a little stiff wouldn't bother me too much. Opinions?

I bought a SDG complete seat for my ZF and before I had the stock and the Guts seat cover. The factory one was ok, but it wasn't tall enough for me, and I could easily slide around. (I'm 6' tall btw) and then my brother gave me his old Guts seat, which had a soft seat foam. I could press my hand onto the frame it was so soft. Plus it angled up tso much on the tank, it was near impossible to stay on the tank when riding around a corner.

I put a SDG complete tall seat foam and I love it. It's not a seat for sitting down a lot (Like trails or a long ride) but for the track or short runs standing, it's perfect. Being a gripper seat, it keeps you in place, and since it's a little on the stiff side, you can transfer from one end of the seat to the other without a lot of energy.

Plus what's even better is that I got the seat off ebay for 20 bucks. Only thing wrong with it; a minor tear on the left side about 3/4" long where the tank and the seat meets. Ebay is the hot ticket for a steal of a deal.

-Phill

Wow, I wish I could find a deal like that!!! I searched Ebay and didn't find anything. I'm only 5'10 and short legged so I'll be using the standard height. I stand most of the time also. I mostly ride short rides-usually under 9 miles. I move around a lot and I stand up as much as I can.

I've had the best luck with the stock gripper seat, I just recently had to switch seat covers though when I bought the YOT graphcis kit. I dont have any problems holding onto my bike though.

Doug