Sign in to follow this  

The risks of running too lean

bob,dont take this the wrong way but your stepdad doesnt have any idea what JD's needles are about.

before making this post did you ask JD for any advice for settings on your bike?

what settings did you try?what were the issues?

proper jetting produces peak power and isnt harder on any engine part.

a 4 stroke that is lean enough to hurt itself runs noticeably bad.

bob your so close yet so far away.someday it will all come to you.

jetting is far more than just trying one setting on a bike that there are very few of.

your drz experience benifited from tons of people doing the mod before you.

the stock jetting works for you,good.go with it.but your limited testing is very far form determining the validity of JD's kits.

tell the huskys guys that your non returnable please. :)

oh and bob,

with this statment-

if I had a decent book on it I too could give out advice.......

you lost all respect i had for you. :)

i assure you that my knowledge and JD's was gained from far more experience than reading a book.

see ya bob.

not that it matters bob,but even though you deleted your posts they are still visible to the mods.

if you werent going to stand behind your comments you should have never posted them. :)

The posts got negative. If it's one thing I have learned at least for me personally I don't like leaving negative posts around.

I stand by the fact that my bike ran like crap. My humble dumbsh!t opinion is the TE-510 needs larger jets then the 450 and JD's kit did not comment on that. His e-mailed instructions and the written instructions use the same jets at the same elevations for both bikes.

My bike was poping constantly on engine braking and lost power and lost response. I didn't realise JD was out. I e-mailed him and never heard back. I figured he was too busy or the mods think I was just a moron that no one believes anyway....... plus several other TTers were saying oh your bike is rich as a pig stock...you don't know crap .........well I know this: I trust HUSKY....engineers.

delete the post please. I don't need to come in here again. ya jumped on me pretty hard about the book knowledge part.........I guess you took my point the wrong way, it happens.... I only meant combustion and fuel mixtures and engine performance is getting into the relm of which I DO KNOW somethiing about......and this needles jet crap is pretty simple to get....if I had a decent book on the subject or two unit college course in it.

show me the curves and the calculations, bring it on. My bike ran like crap.

delete the damn post.

delete the post or bring it on.

which is it?

nah,to easy.the posts speak for themselves.im leaving them.JD can delete it if he wants.

i think he should read this first.

i didnt jump on you hard bob.only tried to relay my dissappointment to you.