DJ Kit and 3x3 completed

Prior to the DJ / 3x3, I was running a 14" FMF Ti 4 slip-on and had removed the airbox snorkel. By the way...14" FMF pipes are L-O-U-D ? The bike wheelies just fine, with a light feather of the clutch lever. The only thing is, with this gearing, by the time the front end comes back down as I'm shifting into 2nd, I'm going around 30-35 mph.

I have not tried the 15/41 gearing yet as I am still waiting on my 110 link chain. But I did ride my supermoto this weekend with the 15/44. The horsepower ran out before the gearing did. No way am I going to be bumping the limiter in 5th.

I'm wondering if the 15/41 is really neccesary. What are your thoughts on the subject railroader?

Maybe after I upgrade the carb and cams...I could reach beyond the 15/44...but at his point it appears to just be a sacrifice of torque.

Burned- I've been running the 15/41 gearing on stock wheels and Deathwings, trying to get the lowest revs and best gas mileage at highway speed. 90% of the time my DRZ-S is ridden on the street, with a 80 mile+ daily commute.

When its time to go offroad, I've got an extra set of stock wheels with Pirelli MT21's and a 47t sprocket. Perhaps then I'll be noticing the extra grunt from the airbox & jet mods.

Burned,

Do you think I will see a performance benefit of some sort out of the 15/41? I have topped out at a reading of 110 (I know it is not accurate) and the bike does not seem to have any more power to go any further. It is not hitting the rev limiter. Top speed is typically a factor of HP. I think I need more horsepower before I will see a benefit out of 15/41....other than mileage.

What do you think.

P.S. I know I am hi-jacking this thread a bit...but it seems somewhat relevent.