Sign in to follow this  

new member drz400

Good afternoon guy's,

Just wanted to intro my self and say hi. i purchased a used 2000 drz400s

late last fall. not much seat time yet living in colorado, but so far very pleased.

I upgraded from a klx300 that i gave my son so i could get the drz.

I have been following this forum for a while and have to say very impressed with overall info. so far i have put on a skidplated and case savers and also a mcct. just starting on drz buildup, don't think you ever complete one always more things to do. sorry for the long wind. but any of you colorado riders like to get out for some seat time I'm always willing.

I upgraded from a klx300 that i gave my son so i could get the drz.

I did exactly the same thing a couple of years ago. Pretty hard to beat the e-start. Welcome to thumpertalk. :)

I live near Southglenn mall in Centennial. Usually ride weekdays, and work most weekends. Anyway I go to PMI on a somewhat regular basis during the winter. If you would like to hook up for a PMI day let me know. :)

Don't forget the radiator braces. I try my best to adhere to Rule Number One of opperating a motor vehicle. Never allow any painted surface of the vehicle to touch the ground. Now on dirt bikes, this rule will be broken and those braces on my bike have been handy. If your ever headed to the western slope and need any info, let me know. :)

Don't forget the radiator braces. I try my best to adhere to Rule Number One of opperating a motor vehicle. Never allow any painted surface of the vehicle to touch the ground. Now on dirt bikes, this rule will be broken and those braces on my bike have been handy. If your ever headed to the western slope and need any info, let me know. :)

Bronc and Burned as well as everyone in this forum will steer you in the right direction as they have done for me. Just thought I would give you my two cents on the radiator protection. I have an 02 400 e that has hit the ground on the track and trail sooo many times that I have lost count and i have had no distortion, damage, displacement or anything else happen to the radiators. I know that the comments come from the better safe than sorry mindset and i respect that but in my opinion the drz is not prone to damage enough to substantiate the use of radiator gaurds. IMHO the drz is too heavy and adding weight is not what I want. But Im sure that some have had damage and if you want to be safe then go ahead. Like I said its just my opinion, This bikes a tank and takes hits very well. Mike in Modesto

Whare are you from in Colorado? I'm from down Pueblo way. I have a couple of DRZ's one for the mountains and one for SM. I didn't builed the SM I don't and won't ever take credit for burneds genius. This is by far my alltime favorite bike including every single thing I ever raced back when I was a thin young lad instead of a balding oldman. Eddie builds one of the finest tightest bikes I've ever had the pleasure of putting my butt on. I could now give up the dirt and not miss it. I've had a lot of my riding friends die latley. The street is always there and it's not so scary to ride alone on. I may still have a few dirt rides left in my old bones though. prairiedawg :p:):)

Welcome...I, too, own a 2000S but it's not much stock anymore. This is a great forum and the TT Store can provide almost anything you need at the best price around. I've learned more here about my bike than I would have on my own...well, never...Some true experts here always willing to help a guy out. Good luck! :)

good morning prairiedawg,

I presently living in parker, co. but im originally from fountain, co right up the road. i dont get down there much.

good morning oldmanb777,

yes i would be interested in trying pmi is that the one by bandemeres.

i dont do a lot of track riding there seems to be a lot of kids. and its always crowded. but im in the same boat i work weekends also, sense i work for the airlines AA. i mostly ride technical trails in rock pile grand lake area.

well have to get together for a ride

By the way, you might post on the end of this forum where the "Rocky Moutain" area riders congregate. :)

we congregate around tincup "tailer park area" when we can, also grand lake

stillwater riding area, also jefferson lake overflow area.

want to try some new area's maybe red feathers, or around steamboat.

ever been to moab, just went out there for a quick checkout never really rode out there. :)

:) Gee, another airline type on TT go figure. I work for CAL, one of my ridding buddys lives in Franktown, works for UA. We are headed for Moab tomorrow night, back on Monday night. Give me a call. Norm is my name. 303-795-9266 home or Cell 303-903-6789 :)