Sign in to follow this  

D-14 & D-15 membership req'd to race in MI & IN?

I have looked at the D-14 & D-15 websites and have found that if I want to, I can race 12-13 races in MI & IN. What I can't find is if I have to be a member of both districts to race in their respective states. I could care less about points (at least for now!). D-14 dues are $12, and I think D-15 is $15, so not that much to spend, but $15 IS $15!

If anyone knows the answer, please fill me in. I haven't found any good contact sources on the D-15 site. I think the only place you can run and belong to either district is the MX & Grass Race (?) at Red Bud and the event at Dutch.

Thanks!

If your a member of D-14 (or any ama district), you can ride any district you like. Atleast that was the case 3 years ago when I did a lot of racing out of state. I doubt it's changed since.

Concur with previous post. Run both D15 and D14 races in IN and MI. In different years have either had one or the other, but never both. Treated as a visiting racer at most tracks. Last years race at Plymouth was the first year I was asked to sign up for D15 but when I put up a fuss they accepted my D14 card. Red Bud, Log Road, Dutch and Reads (In) have historically taken either card.

Thanks for the replies. That's kinda what I figured, as far as being able to race in both districts.

My next question is about classes. They have different divisions / classes in the 2 districts. Did you guys that raced in both have to change your backgrounds / numbers? Or since you were a visitor and not racing for points, did they just let you run?

Thanks.

I only raced motocross out of state, and that's pretty universal. Typically, backgrounds and numbers don't really matter unless its a LL qualifier.

As for harescrambles, I'm not sure how they do it out of D14, but I'm guessing it's probably the same too. The only thing I can think of about D14 is red backgrounds with white numbers is for their top 10 class, or M class.