Sign in to follow this  

Goggle mod.

I'm thinking of getting that 'quick strap' thingy for my goggles. You know, the hinged/vecro system that eliminates the need for the strap. So do they hold up well? Does the velcro continue to work once it gets muddy? Does it keep the goggles snug against your face? Thanks for any input. ~Mark

yes to all your questions. it is a great product. i have used them for 10 years or so. i ride mx about 90% of the time and i have never had one come loose. the thing i like is it is easy to connect and you can wait to the last minute before hooking it up on the starting line keeping your goggles from fogging up. you want be disappointed. you can also use tear offs/ roll offs without any problems. just be careful when installing the button and Velcro on the helmet make sure it is in the right place. the directions are pretty good. i put the goggles on the helmet with the stock strap remove the helmet with the goggles still on. take a pencil and trace the straps. then you will know where to put the new hardware.

I'm thinking of getting that 'quick strap' thingy for my goggles. You know, the hinged/vecro system that eliminates the need for the strap. So do they hold up well? Does the velcro continue to work once it gets muddy? Does it keep the goggles snug against your face? Thanks for any input. ~Mark

I bought a quick strap back in 1986 or 7, when they first came out...(at least thats what the dealer told me! LOL) and it was FANTASTIC...I've heard they are still the same quality today, but haven't bought one yet...

Another :) here.

Really nice to be able to easily open up the face to chat with another rider and let the helmet "air out" for those short breaks when you don't want to remove it.

Does it mater what side of the helmet the strap is on,any advantage to clutch

side or throttle?

As long as you dont mind the lettering being upside down. :)

Does it mater what side of the helmet the strap is on,any advantage to clutch?

You should have it release on the throttle side. That way you can hold the clutch in while you pull them on/off.

One thing I did for mine is I went to the store and got som large 2 inch wide strips of the fuzzy side self adheasive velcro stuff. I cut two pieces and attached it to the side of my helmet. This works great to get the goggles on quickly as you don't have to search for the little round velcro pad. And you have room for adjustment and such. I have a black/silver helment though and it doesn't stand out with a large piece of fuzzy velcro on the side.

It would seem to me that you'ld want it to release on the left side if you're right handed. That way you can hold in your clutch with your left hand while you reach across your face with your right to release or attach. Anyway, Im gonna get one today and try 'er out.

Yes this sounds like a good gadget,anything that stops fogging,still not sure

what the best side to have loose,blipping the throttle with the right hand while putting the goggle on with the left then pulling the clutch in seems the most sensable.Leaves the right hand to hold the brake on a hill as well.I am probably over thinking this but if you glue it on you cannot change it later.

for 5 dollars they sell new buttons and velcro patches, so if you change your mind about sides you can just peel them off and put new ones on.

It doesn't matter to much you can reach it with either hand either way, its not a problem. I've ridden wtih them on both sides and it doesn't really both me either way

Do you have to drill any holes in your helmet or does it attach with Velcro on both ends? Also, do you cut up the original goggle strap and use it on the quick-release or does it come with straps for you to use with your goggles?

Cheers,

Mac

The clutch side of the helmet has a peg on an adhesive pad. The goggles lock into the peg. This bacically stays put. You can completely remove the goggles with a little muscle. Throttle side is a velcro pad.

Late on my 2 cents...Buy the Quickstrap! Greatest invention ever! Best thing...they fit snug and comfy!

Dan

bought mine wen I wore glasses under my goggles, much easier to get the OTG on with the quick strap (or me ). After contacts I hardly ever wear glasses at the track anymore, but I find the quick release so handy that I have kept wearing it. If you moto your MX buddies will nmake fun of you for such and uncool product, but they are gonna make fun of me for sometin anyway so ti n=might as well be that :)

Also, do you cut up the original goggle strap and use it on the quick-release or does it come with straps for you to use with your goggles?

Everything is included, but you have to be careful, as there may be some goggles that they won't fit. Scott's and ProGrip work.