Sign in to follow this  

2004/2005 Complete Exhaust

Anyone know of a good complete exhaust system for a TC 450? I know that Ferracci makes a full system, FMF makes a slip-on, and CRD makes a slip-on. Are there any other exhaust companies making husky pipes? I have the FMF slip-on and I did not notice that much of a power increase anywhere across the spread.

Anyone know of a good complete exhaust system for a TC 450? I know that Ferracci makes a full system, FMF makes a slip-on, and CRD makes a slip-on. Are there any other exhaust companies making husky pipes? I have the FMF slip-on and I did not notice that much of a power increase anywhere across the spread.

Which FMF system do you have? The reason I ask is because the Ti4 muffler on the '04/'05 TE 450's is incredible. Revs up much quicker and longer. Also shaves about three pounds over stock. It's awesome on the TE. It's almost a bummer to have to put stock back on but quiet rules somtimes. Like at the Nat'l enduro in Arizona this weekend.

Travis Epperson

Call me crazy but isnt the stock system incredible? The TC450 my buddy just bought came with two mufflers. A stock spark arrested aluminium unit and a Ti unit straight through, right from Husqvarna. What might somebody elses straight through slip on have over the Husqvarna unit?

The TE450 I bought came with only the Alu muffler, but the Ti is a spare part one can buy.

Which FMF system do you have? The reason I ask is because the Ti4 muffler on the '04/'05 TE 450's is incredible. Revs up much quicker and longer. Also shaves about three pounds over stock. It's awesome on the TE. It's almost a bummer to have to put stock back on but quiet rules somtimes. Like at the Nat'l enduro in Arizona this weekend.

Travis Epperson

I've got the FMF Ti4 on my TE250 and SM450R and they rock! I installed the quiet cores in both and sparky cap on the 250. The 450, even with the quiet core has a mean bark. As Travis said, both bikes seem to rev quicker and longer.

I have the Factory 4 slip-on. I also have a TC 450. That is probably the difference. There is a difference in power from the TC to the TE models.

Leo Vince makes a great FULL system. It should be in the pictures of the 24 hour test on the TE510.

It is completely sano and the header is tucked up high on the frame, avoiding rock damage.

No sure on price. It looks expensive and performs even better.

I've got the FMF Ti4 on my TE250 and SM450R and they rock! I installed the quiet cores in both and sparky cap on the 250. The 450, even with the quiet core has a mean bark. As Travis said, both bikes seem to rev quicker and longer.

Dukepilot,

Have you ever had your FMF Ti4 sound tested with either the plain quiet core or the FIM quiet core and the S/A in place on either bike? Nobody does it up here and I don't want to run down to the Nat'l and fail the 96db test.

Thanks,

Travis Epperson

Man I can't believe no has mentioned Up-Tite yet. Come on...you guys know that George's pipes are the best. :)

Dukepilot,

Have you ever had your FMF Ti4 sound tested with either the plain quiet core or the FIM quiet core and the S/A in place on either bike? Nobody does it up here and I don't want to run down to the Nat'l and fail the 96db test.

Thanks,

Travis Epperson

No, haven't been tested. I believe that the 250 would pass with the quiet core (not the less restrictive AMA Quiet Core) and sparky. Its not too loud.

I doubt that the 450 would pass with the quiet core and sparky. It is a lot louder than the 250.