Sign in to follow this  

Sciatic pain

Anyone ever deal with this? Seems to be my problem and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to quicken recovery.

I can only give you a little help - stuff that worked for me.

From what I know, most times the sciatic nerve bugs someone is when it gets inflammed - pinched or irritated by the bone it passes near. I found that a soft pillow on my work chair (I sit a lot at work) helped quite a bit.

Plus, if it does get inflammed, take an "anti-inflammatory" (aspirin)! Just make sure it is one that says "anti-inflammatory".

Stay away from rowing machines, unless the seat is well-padded.

Try to stretch and get regular exercise.

Cheers!

Dan.

Drink alot of water and stretch. I try and stretch whenever possible standing in line, at my cube ext. This helps prevent it and help it. I know from experience sciatic pain sucks.

I Have 2 Buldging Disks That Casue This,,, My Cure Is Excersise,, And The Topic Of Debate,, Celebrex!!!!! This Stuff Really Really Works For Me,, Now When I Die Of A Heart Attack I Guess U Can Laugh, But For Now Its The Only Way I Can Function!!

Thanks for the info guys. I'm doing slightly better and waiting for an MRI date at the same time. At least I was able to ride yesterday. I have good days and bad days ,been two weeks with this condition already :)

I blew out my L5-S1 disk and it crushed my sciatic. PAIN!!!! I had to have the disk partially removed. It still has residual amounts of pain but very livable. I can run, ride and do just about everything so its cool. Most important, DON'T DO A DAMM THING TIL YOU GET THE RESULTS OF THE MRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What were some of your simptoms Trigger? I used to ski moguls alot when I was in high school and it used to hurt my back. I went to a chiropractor and I couldnt walk when I left there.

Just a couple of weeks ago I rode in GA at Aonia Pass. The dirt was hard and there were a couple of hard landings that I was taking over and over. Well it screwed my back up again. I havent ridden or run since then. I had a hard time walking for a few days after that too. Now I am seeing a chiro but they are chiro's. I am also feeling a little bit of pain in the top of my left leg every once and a while. I may see an MD. Just curious what some of the things were that was happening to you.