Sign in to follow this  

does the stock suspension on the 05 yz250f allow you to soften it up enough for trail

can you soften up the yz enough for trail riding, does the 250f want to stall in the tight stuff like a 03 450 current ride, i am also guessing the 250f is easier to start than the 450 thanks

There is less rotational mass on the 250, so it has less tendency to stall out. But it will stall if you lock the rear tire up just like any bike will. The bike is considerably lighter than the 450 so that will help a lot with stamina.

Both my son and I race 250fs in the woods, SUnruh actually just placed 4th in his class at the last GNCC race with his 250f. So obviously you can tweak the suspension to be as compliant as you like.

most 250s are single kickers, but are easy enough to kick over that clearing out a stalled one wont blow a juglar vein. Well sometimes. :)

I'm running mine in the woods and have the compression set about four clicks softer on both ends and the rebound set a couple of clicks slower. It seems to do pretty good. I feel like it does transmit square edged small hits more than I would like but it soaks up big hits really well.

YZ250f Rider, how do you have your suspension setup for woods??