Sign in to follow this  

carbon fiber pro header cracking.

hi guys i have a o4 crf 450, with the white brothers carbon pro, the header pipe keeps cracking about a inch from the head, i noticed that when reving the bike the header pipe will move slightly, due to the turbulane throught the exhaust, now with the stock exhaust there is a clamp used were the header slides into the can, and that keeps the header ridged, and prevents the header from moving, my question is, does anybody know of some kind of clamp i can get for the carbon pro, so that the header pipe can be clamped were it slides into the can.

thanks todd.

To use a clamp to tighten the head pipe to the can you would need to cut a X in the outside pipe so it can clamp tight to the other pipe. You could use a hose clamp " a little cheese" . I will try to find a clamp the same size from enother pipe. My carbon pro has never cracked. I have 40 50 hr on it. I would loosen all the bolts and remove the can. Then try to assemble it and make sure there is no binding. 1 install the header but leve nuts alittle loose. 2 slide on can and hand tighten the bolts.

I would also try to reassemble it. I have over 50 hours on mine and no problems yet either. How often to you repack yours trx310r?

header cracked in close to same location 4 times last summer, can was repacked, and since repacking, bike has probully 8-10hrs, and header cracked on my last 2 rides before the snow came and killed the riding season.

i am just looking for a solution to the cracked header, some way to clamp it, i only know of one other person using this pipe were i live, and his header has also cracked in the same location as mine so he went back to stock, my problem is after riding my bike with the carbon pro, there is no way i am going back to stock.

I would also try to reassemble it. I have over 50 hours on mine and no problems yet either. How often to you repack yours trx310r?

I just repacked it. It is snowing in New Jersey so I figured I would do it. It was not to bad.

TODD444:

Did you ever try to silicone the can to the header? If you use high temp silicon it will bond the two pipes together real good. Just make sure they are clean first.

hi guys i have a o4 crf 450, with the white brothers carbon pro, the header pipe keeps cracking about a inch from the head, i noticed that when reving the bike the header pipe will move slightly, due to the turbulane throught the exhaust, now with the stock exhaust there is a clamp used were the header slides into the can, and that keeps the header ridged, and prevents the header from moving, my question is, does anybody know of some kind of clamp i can get for the carbon pro, so that the header pipe can be clamped were it slides into the can.

thanks todd.

How did you fix the crack? Did you world it?

The headers  ti its worn out, ti headers don't last that long your lucky yours lasted as long as it did. You need a new system.

This thread is over 10 years old! I'm sure the bike was sold years ago! The op hasn't been online in a year and a half...

Edited by Dklassen

This thread is over 10 years old! I'm sure the bike was sold years ago! The op hasn't been online in a year and a half...

....and it's a White Bros pipe.....which was crap after they sold out to Vance and Hines....

....and it's a White Bros pipe.....which was crap after they sold out to Vance and Hines....

Being that my question wasn't answered I will attempt to weld it before I buy a new system. I work in a weld shop, I have access you any kind of welding process. Do you know if the carbon pro I stainless or titanium?

the guy didn't answer because the post is 10yrs old, you reopened the post. If you have a carbon pro the metal is Ti . Good luck welding a 10 year old Ti header.  

the guy didn't answer because the post is 10yrs old, you reopened the post. If you have a carbon pro the metal is Ti . Good luck welding a 10 year old Ti header.

It was welded today perfectly. I capped off both ends of the tube, purged the tubing with Argon and welded it with TI rod and it's as good as new.

115710_094_1500_SUPERTRAPP_Stainless_Ste

i used one of these  to cure a mean case of dceleration putt pop pop pop on my buddies 450x, the wb slip on doesn't use the stock graphite gasket or clamp, big ol air leak :/ stupid......

this clamp is beefy, it will get her tight even without a pinch slot

I glad to see you fixed it, had a dr. Ti header had it welded it lasted a month cracked in another spot.The Ti headers don't last like the stainless ones, they become brittle and start cracking. Maybe yours will last ,hope it does, mine didn't.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it didn't last after welded, the first ten minutes after putting it back on and it cracked again right where it was welded. I ended up finding a stock exhaust system on eBay and picked it up for 165$ and it's in great shape.