Sign in to follow this  

Fred Hoess to Gas Gas... its official!

Longtime Husqvarna US Factory Rider Fred Hoess has signed with Gas Gas USA to ride ECEA and some National events for '05. I saw Fred at Indy Dealer Show this past weekend at the Gas Gas booth and the rumors were confirmed about his switch to Gas Gas. Fred was dissapointed that Husky wasn't interested in a program for '05 as he was enthused about the big improvements in the '05 TE250. Anyone who has watched Fred race in the woods know that he's fierce competitor. Guys who bought CR125's, owe it to themsleves to find a tape of Fred riding one, pure magic. Fred is also an ISDE ironman, right up with Jeff Fredette. A big loss for Husky. I hope Husky lures him back next year.

Norman

Youre right Norman, Husky needs to RE-INFORCE / rejuvenate the team effort. Not let Torch-bearers(Like Fred Hoess) go ! With the relatively positive media Husky is getting, they should aggressively be recruiting new talent and backing the tried and true talent like Hoess. Bad move I think.

Jerry

I know what your talking about! For years I used to run the start/finish at the Rattlesnake Enduro. Watching Fred tear up that grass track was great! He sure could make that 125 scream :)

Anyone who has watched Fred race in the woods know that he's fierce competitor. Guys who bought CR125's, owe it to themsleves to find a tape of Fred riding one, pure magic. Norman

You can blame the devalued dollar for all this. Another euro dealer was told by the Pres of the company that they are currently losing money on each US bike. You can hardly blame them from trying to cut some expenses when there is no end in sight to this blight. The other alternative would be to increase pricing similar to TM. How many people would buy a 250 TE for $8000?