Sign in to follow this  

yz125 pop compared to 250f

hey guys.. well yesterday me and a friend were out riding. i was riding my ttr125le, and he was on his yz125.. after about 2.5 hrs we switched bikes, and i tried to get used to his bike on the driveway.. i guess i couldn't get used to the throttle control, because on my ttr i just wack the throttle wide open and the rpms build up nice and slow, along with speed.. well i was going up and down his gravel driveway, which is aout 3/4 of a mile long, and i was having a pretty good time. when i got down into the woods, i started learning how to use the throttle much better i think and after about 20 minutes i thought i was gettin pretty good at it.. he saw me a few time, while riding my bike and said i was rollin pretty good. well i took it off a small jump on the trai, which is about 2-3 feet tall, but on the other side it drops off about 6 feet to where you land.. the first thing i noticed was how much smoother the landing was on that bike.. well about 20 yards down the trail there was another one.. well i wacked the throttle WFO just like i would on my ttr, and the last thing i remember seeing was a big blue thing coming down ontop of me.. aparently i did about 1/2 back flip, and the bike landed on my chest.. i didn't get hurt that bad, except for some scratches although all i could think of in the air was how many bones i was going to break because today is the first day of baseball tryouts, but i do owe him a new rear fender.. so my question is, i was planning on getting a 250f in the next 2 months, and im kinda scared of riding a "real bike" now.. so will the 250f be a little easier for riding trails, and hitting jumps. hes got some 3-4 foot jumps, and some full sized doubles.. along his trails.

sorry for such a long post but i recon its an important question

It wasn't the bike that you couldn't handle.... I have a feeling what you did is increased the throttle on the face of the jump which caused you to go over backwards, not sure what this is called..... WE'll just call it a reversed endo :)

thumpers have easy to use roll-on power. two-strokes are really snappy and hard for a beginner rider to get used to. you will be fine with a 250f, it will be much heavier to ride than the yz125 though.

doug

'04 yz250f

It wasn't the bike that you couldn't handle.... I have a feeling what you did is increased the throttle on the face of the jump which caused you to go over backwards, not sure what this is called..... WE'll just call it a reversed endo

it's called a loop-out :)

It wasn't the bike that you couldn't handle.... I have a feeling what you did is increased the throttle on the face of the jump which caused you to go over backwards, not sure what this is called..... WE'll just call it a reversed endo

yea... thats exactly what i did. i know its throttle control. but i just couldn't get used to it really, coming from a small 4 stroke, and you can twist as hard as you want and not anything happen comared to his bike. :)

thanks though

Comming off my ttr125l I thought the YZF was a beast. It seemed to rev so quick and pull so hard.... now I ride it much the same as how you ride the ttr... just whack the thorratle (sp?) back and use the clutch to keep the front end down... you get used to it fast. I was comfortable pushing the bike to the limits after about a month. Ohh and the ttr is a blast after ridding the YZF. I never have to let go of the gas :) even in turns lol. Love my YZF, but that ttr is still alot of fun (just so easy to throw around etc).

Supafreak_711 Comming off my ttr125l I thought the YZF was a beast. It seemed to rev so quick and pull so hard.... now I ride it much the same as how you ride the ttr... just whack the thorratle (sp?) back and use the clutch to keep the front end down... you get used to it fast. I was comfortable pushing the bike to the limits after about a month. Ohh and the ttr is a blast after ridding the YZF. I never have to let go of the gas even in turns lol. Love my YZF, but that ttr is still alot of fun (just so easy to throw around etc).

thanks.. thats exactly what i wanted to hear :)

yea.. after riding his bike around for a while, i was flying home on my bike :p:)

I had a CRF230 before my 250f and my only motocross bike experience was on a 2 stroke and I to was concerned that the 250f might be like that. Well I was wrong, like someone said, the 250f is everything you wish your ttr was. The power is there but it comes on so smooth but still strong. Exellent bike.

How old are you? My son started out at 13 on my 02 yz250f and now he's as bold as any rider.

It simply takes seat time to learn the bikes powerband. You obviously know what your ttr will do (thats what my son started on too), but you failed to understand that bigger bikes have a lot more power. I bet next time you ride a bigger bike you'll spend a little more time getting used to it, since you now know the penalty.

When you ride the ttr around pinned everywhere it's time to move up. Just do it with a little more common sense. :)