Sign in to follow this  

Ti shock spring....worht the $$$ info wanted

Whats the deal with Ti shock springs? I am thinking of getting the RCS for my 05 CRF450 and have FC do the revalve. What does Ti do that is so much better than steel-Besides the weight savings.....

When I talked to SteveO at FC the other day about some works kit suspension I'm getting he said that other than saving a couple pounds, the lighter mass of the spring allows it to react/recover faster thus performing better. He did say you'd have to be very finicky to feel the difference though, so the weight savings is the only major difference for most, and supposedly they have a longer life, but I don't know anyone who has put enough hours on a spring to wear it out. Since I'm determined to have the best I can get for once no matter the cost, I'm putting one on the works shock he's building for me.

Since I'm determined to have the best I can get for once no matter the cost, I'm putting one on the works shock he's building for me.

Can I ride it when it is done? :)

Hey thinking of coming up that way next weekend....

Can I ride it when it is done? :)

Hey thinking of coming up that way next weekend....

Sure, you know you can...the fork internals won't be in from Japan until mid March :) , so it will be end of March by the time I get it all. It will be big $$, but it will be sweet to have the best you can get with out being named Kdub. I can't wait to start testing it.

Have you got talon hubs yet?

Spending the money on the hubs would make a bigger difference than changing the spring because the mass that you are trying to make react is father out on the swingarm.

If you have those then the spring would be nice to get next.

The standard talon's are heavier than the stock '05 hubs I believe. The Ultralite's are supposedly barely lighter. I'm getting the stockers turned down and polished for a little cleaner look.