Sign in to follow this  

NMA membership

OK, just did the whole family membership back in early December and have recieved zilch regarding the membership. I did email them and they told me they were behind, but reffered to me as Mr Thurston, but its my county, not my name. Anyone else sign up, pay and received zilch also? Or paid and getting the newsletter etc was just a little slow coming? I'm hoping its the latter. :)

I did BRC and NMA 2 weeks ago and have seen nothing, but I thought it was a little early to expect anything. However, I did send my membership via paypal and only got a receipt from paypal but no email notification from NMA. :)

I also paid my membership about 2 weeks ago and also got the email receipt from paypal but figure it would take at least 4 weeks to see anything from the NMA :) if you hear of any problems pass it along please I'm going to give it another week or so before I'll try and contact them. First part of the year is when memberships are done so they probably got their hands full.

The NMA is a classic case of 'overworked and underpaid'. They do work a little slow, but will get your stuff to you! :)

I signed up dec.19th, used the paypal link my credit card was billed on dec. 20th. I sent an email two weeks ago asking where my membership was, the email I got back said (info on the way soon) nothing else. Two months is long enough,i'm asking for my money back.

I signed up dec.19th, used the paypal link my credit card was billed on dec. 20th. I sent an email two weeks ago asking where my membership was, the email I got back said (info on the way soon) nothing else.

Same here. I sent an email asking where my membership card was and was told that my email had been forwarded to the 'Membership Coordinator'. At this pace, by the time I get my membership card, it'll be close to expired. :)

OK, I did do mine via payPal also, so now I know its just not at my end. As for volunteering, I have an extremely full schedule now. I'm spreading myself kinda thin. I get my head above water, I'd definitly consider it. :)

same goes for me. i paid via paypal over a month ago and have seen nothing. i emailed them and they got my first and last name wrong. because, i am new at this i was told you need a nma membership to ride in nma events regardless if you race for points. i missed the "frost bite". leakypipe23 has since informed me that this is not true. :)

leakypipe23 has since informed me that this is not true. :)

No, I said you can still ride the events if you do not have your membership number yet. As long as you have your membership app sent in you should be fine. We all do this on a volunteer basis. We will gladly accept more volunteers!!!

Yes same here. I called them to see what was going on and they told me they have an entirely volunteer organization and were 5 weeks behind. That was months ago and still nothing. Maybe they do not really exist. :)

Yes same here. I called them to see what was going on and they told me they have an entirely volunteer organization and were 5 weeks behind. That was months ago and still nothing. Maybe they do not really exist. :)

They exist and they work their balls off to keep the organization going. They do a ton of work organizing and pulling off races, they have a lawyer on retainer who is fighting for our right to ride down in Olympia, among other things.

And as has been noted, they are all volunteer.

Its to bad that they are behind in processing the member registrations and I can understand why folks would be unhappy about it. Same story for me, sent in my payment, haven't heard anything. I'm willing to give it more time as I know how swamped they are.

But as far as the effort being put in, rest assured, they're doing the best they can.

Again, if anyone wants to pitch in, they are always looking for help.

Ed

leaky, you were the only person in the process that has given me any information. thank you :) as for volunteering my schedule allows me a lot of free time (to much, if you ask my wife), just let me know how and/or what i can do. :)

There is an NMA meeting tonight and I will share your comments and situations at the meeting. This is not a new problem, but has been the case for several years with 1500 new membership applications being received between Dec and March that must be processed. There is only one membership coordinator and she's been doing it for a long time. There was a volunteer who stepped up last year to take over the membership, but work or family issues came up and couldn't fill the role.

Currently many NMA volunteers hold more than one position within the organization or also hold positions with member clubs. The NMA is always looking for new blood to help out. I was the competition points keeper last year and when I decided to pass it on there were several folks who were interested, but only one guy showed great interest who wasn't also already doing some other position with the NMA. Even though other folks wanted the job, I recommended leakypipe23 for the position because he showed enthusiasm and was new blood.

Is there any new blood out there that can step up and lend a hand?

I have other responsibilities which would limit when I can help but if the job gave me a free hand as to time then I could help out with something. Technically I am not even a member till they get my stuff processed. :)

...They exist and they work their balls off to keep the organization going. They do a ton of work organizing and pulling off races, they have a lawyer on retainer who is fighting for our right to ride down in Olympia...

Ed, we understand, and I'm OK, as long as everyone else is having the same trouble as I, we know its justy being bogged down/overloaded, and not lost application. I can wait. :)

Does anybody out there have any idea the amount of time it takes to process the NMA memberships? The NMA is solely and completely made up of volunteers. They are paid NOTHING to help preserve YOUR right to ride.

I think it's lame to ask for your membership dues back, when in fact, a portion of all memberships go to the NMA funds to help keep you local riding areas open. Kinda like cutting your nose to spite your face.

You want your membership cards sent out faster, maybe your next email to them can be to ask, "How can I be of help and volunteer my time?"

My hat is off to the NMA and it's volunteers for preserving my right to ride! And for performing such a thankless job that seems to get nothing but criticism!

Thank you NMA volunteers,

Brian Lester

NMA Member 1998-present

Sniper Off-Road Race Team Coordinator

Hey guys, look in your mailboxes. My membership card arrived today. :p Hooray for the NMA! :)

1/2 nutz, I got all of mine today also. I did the family membership for $40, and got 7 membership cars with stickers. Man, what a good value. Me, the wife, my 2 daughters, and all 3 grandkids! I suspect everyone else got their current memberships today also! :)