Sign in to follow this  

Moab conditions?

Anyone in Moab or been lately? What are the conditions like? I know they have been getting lots of moisture. Is it too muddy to do lots of ridding? We may try to head over for an extended weekend this week. :):p:) Or should we forget it for now :D

Even in the middle of winter, Moab is do-able. This is a picture of one of my friends on January 20th on his mountain bike off Poison Spider. Moab is in the desert and it doesn't rain often. If you avoid the northeast rides you will be OK. Temps should be in the 50's with chances of rain.

P1200030.JPG

Been to Moab many times, and during most times of the year. I've seen 6 inches of snow on the ground, rain that would wash you away, wind that you can't stand up in, and heat that melted the sweat off faster than you could sweat! Yes it is the desert, and a wonderful place. So now with all the rain/snow they have been getting, is it ridable or too muddy. I have seen lakes form on feilds and be dry the next day. Come to think of it I have used my winch to retrieve several Jeeps that were axle deep in mud :) So what is it like currently?

Been to Moab many times, and during most times of the year. I've seen 6 inches of snow on the ground, rain that would wash you away, wind that you can't stand up in, and heat that melted the sweat off faster than you could sweat! Yes it is the desert, and a wonderful place. So now with all the rain/snow they have been getting, is it ridable or too muddy. I have seen lakes form on feilds and be dry the next day. Come to think of it I have used my winch to retrieve several Jeeps that were axle deep in mud :) So what is it like currently?

If there is someone that knows Moab really weel, John does. And yes, there has been a lot of rain down there this year.

Well, again.. there has been rain off and on for the last few weeks. Most areas are good to go for riding. The northeastern trails will have some muddy areas. Monitor & Merrimac, Behind the Rocks and Slickrock will all be do-able.

There has been no snow since November in the valley. The La Sals have a lot of snow. It is raining right now in Moab, but it is expected to clear and be good for the weekend. I just spoke with a friend who lives in Moab and he says that most trails are accessible and that the trails are drying quickly.

There may be a slight rain on Saturday.

John